I'm resurrecting a dusty old 8100. It is so handy and practical to see the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Thanks Mods and Lavagirl

Advertisement

I'm resurrecting a dusty old 8100. It is so handy and practical to see the sticky posts listing the latest OS updates for each model of BB. There is a lot of research and organization involved, so Kudos and Thanks - Great Job Stacks! -Mark

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    What had prompted the resurrection of the ONE that started it all?

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice to know our tribe remains strong. The world loves THE PEARL Mabuhay ka, Kapatid!

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    What had prompted the resurrection of the ONE that started it all?
    My Son-in-law has a collection of old mobile phones, like I do, some used and some not. I know he uses a Sony Ericsson flip all the time, so then a couple of days ago I saw the Pearl lying on a table. I asked point blank "Do you use that?" He said no, Blackberrys were too complicated. I asked how much he wanted for it, and he said "take it" - works flawlessly, I installed 4.5, installed a 1gig microSD, loaded it with my last Blackberry backup (calendar, tasks, contacts, etc), then whipped in my SIM - voila!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Neat stuff. I have a fondness for the Original Pearl, it's a great phone

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Neat stuff. I have a fondness for the Original Pearl, it's a great phone
    Yeah, the original Pearl was very revolutionary. First BB with a trackball instead of trackwheel, first Berry that used a memory card, and I think it was the first Berry with a camera. It's pretty fast, too, 312megahertz Intel - and it's about the size of my thumb! [grin] (I have a big thumb)