Two weeks ago I took a chance and picked up a BB Pearl. For the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mike Stem no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Thanks from a Pearl Newbie!

Advertisement

Two weeks ago I took a chance and picked up a BB Pearl. For the past year I was carrying a Moto RAZOR and my daughter was lobbying to take it over from me. I am no stranger to BB's in general; in a prior work-life I had carried a couple of the large, QWERTY style BB's (87xx series maybe?...) Anyway, I was interested in getting my personal e-mail on a device, but really didn't want the larger form-factor, having been spoiled by the size of the Moto RAZOR phone.

Went to the store of my service provider, had them transfer the Moto phone to my daughter's number, and they put my card in a shiny new Black Pearl. They were offering a fair deal (Cin Bell does not do contracts, you can enter or leave at any time...) They set me up on our family shared-minutes plan for voice, and also set-up a unlimited data plan for $29.95, and I walked out with it in about 15 minutes. Have to admit I kinda struggled with the Suretype keyboard for the first couple of days, but I really liked the overall look and feel of the Pearl.

The biggest surprise was finding pinstack.com, which happened as a result of a Google search for BlackBerry Assistance. What a find! I grabbed some of the Sticky Thread Topics, like the Mini-FAQ and the Pearl Guide. They got me started with a ton of answers to questions I would have asked myself. Then I went online to the Pinstack BB Store, ordered some neat accessories like the Seido desktop cradle/charger, the neat BB leather sleeve, some extra sync cables, 12v car charger, etc etc etc.

Then, to top it all off, also hooked some neat downloads courtesty of reading 100's of posts concerning cool software. Grabbed the Typing Trooper to help with the SureType experience, grabbed some neat Themes to play with, and best of all, the ColorPearl app that lets you configure the backlighting of the trackball!

Not sure if this is an appropriate use of bandwidth but just wanted to thank all of the PinStack Community for the help. What a wonderul resource for anyone carrying or inteerested in a BB of any type. I plan to be a regular here, and hope in the future to assist in spreading the BB gospel. Thanks to all of you!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Thanks from a Pearl Newbie!

Glad to hear we helped. I think you arrived the same way most of us did. Hopefully you'll wind up like a lot of us, and stay a lot longer. You came for help, stuck around b/c the community is pretty nice, too.

I think you'll find if you keep coming back, you never stop learning something new.

Welcome to the stacks.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

steva11 no está en línea Stack level 3

I think everyone can relate to your story

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

I myself can relate to your story. Welcome to Pinstack!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stem
    Two weeks ago I took a chance and picked up a BB Pearl. For the past year I was carrying a Moto RAZOR and my daughter was lobbying to take it over from me. I am no stranger to BB's in general; in a prior work-life I had carried a couple of the large, QWERTY style BB's (87xx series maybe?...) Anyway, I was interested in getting my personal e-mail on a device, but really didn't want the larger form-factor, having been spoiled by the size of the Moto RAZOR phone.

Went to the store of my service provider, had them transfer the Moto phone to my daughter's number, and they put my card in a shiny new Black Pearl. They were offering a fair deal (Cin Bell does not do contracts, you can enter or leave at any time...) They set me up on our family shared-minutes plan for voice, and also set-up a unlimited data plan for $29.95, and I walked out with it in about 15 minutes. Have to admit I kinda struggled with the Suretype keyboard for the first couple of days, but I really liked the overall look and feel of the Pearl.

The biggest surprise was finding pinstack.com, which happened as a result of a Google search for BlackBerry Assistance. What a find! I grabbed some of the Sticky Thread Topics, like the Mini-FAQ and the Pearl Guide. They got me started with a ton of answers to questions I would have asked myself. Then I went online to the Pinstack BB Store, ordered some neat accessories like the Seido desktop cradle/charger, the neat BB leather sleeve, some extra sync cables, 12v car charger, etc etc etc.

Then, to top it all off, also hooked some neat downloads courtesty of reading 100's of posts concerning cool software. Grabbed the Typing Trooper to help with the SureType experience, grabbed some neat Themes to play with, and best of all, the ColorPearl app that lets you configure the backlighting of the trackball!

Not sure if this is an appropriate use of bandwidth but just wanted to thank all of the PinStack Community for the help. What a wonderul resource for anyone carrying or inteerested in a BB of any type. I plan to be a regular here, and hope in the future to assist in spreading the BB gospel. Thanks to all of you!
    Am getting all nostalgic

soeharto no está en línea Stack level 1

Mike, what a refreshing message. Not a lot of people are sending "appreciation" message. Most are "help me" or "how do I" kind of messages (I'm guilty of that as well).
    Thank you.