Can someone please help me before I throw this phone out the window and into ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iceyy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247D7196

Text's Messages, EVERYTHING being deleted

Advertisement

Can someone please help me before I throw this phone out the window and into the pool.

This all started about 2 - 3 days ago. I looked into my inbox it was relatively full, about 1 month's of messages. And all of it was gone. I was like oh okay I must have set an option that messed this up. No. I continued to message my girlfriend she said she was getting the messages and she sent about 2 back that I did not get.

I changed the theme, along with my profile. And it worked for a while until right now. I just checked my messages I had about 2 - 3 days of messages, and it slowly started deleting them everytime I would view the messages. And now they are all gone and my girlfriend isn't getting any messages from me.

Can someone please help me solve this problem? My friend with a pearl 2 said it was my phone only option but its not its never been on phone only. I'm about to stick my sim card in my razor and use that.

Oh btw, my specs are (don't know if this would really help) 4.2.2, 8100, t-mo.

Thanks in advance,
    Anthony
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 08-29-2008 at 04:36 AM. Reason: inappropriate language for forums

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Lol don't do that!

Your phone is probably low on memory. I have a 8120 and that does that sometimes. Try going to your internet and go to options > chache options and clear all of them. Also. Go to options > security options > momory cleaning <br>
    That should do.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Try This thread.
    You're device is low on memory is the reason for your messages deleting like that.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Such a common problem..but easy fix

Iceyy...you say you had about a months worth of messages on your device, that's not a good idea on a bb that only has 64mb of memory!! Sorry to say, but liquidation is a must on these relatively small (in memory) devices....

Just follow the link Lavagirl provided and you'll solve your issue!!
    Last edited by beeshabo; 08-29-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Correct. It is definitely a memory issue that can be fixed. Don't stress just yet. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

angesk8er88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240D8E4F
    I called T-Mobile cus my 8100 was doing that also. They offered no solution, cus like everyone is saying, you're low on memory. If you have a lot of games, ringtones, and pics, like I do, invest in an SD card. I just bought a 4gb on Amazon for 8 bucks.

bobbobadobob no está en línea Stack level 1
    This has just happened to my girlfriends phone, i'm confuzed though - i will accept that it was because of low memory and i now know how to resolve this going ahead but i just checked the file free and it says - 6657925 bytes which i figure is quite a bit in text and call log terms... could it have really had 6mb's worth of text and call logs on it? i figure like a meg tops but then i have to ask why would the low memory manager have ran when it had so much space available?

bob, does the device have a Micro SD/Memory card?

bobbobadobob no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok, that sounds reasonable i suppose, odd, she's not exactly a modifier or an abuser of it's features so i'm surprised it's ran out of memory (sms/1 email inbox/facebook/media on a memory card)...

i'm gona give it a clear out tonight using the thread linked above and i suppose we'll see - annoyingly she's lost all faith in them now though this is her 3rd pearl now - the 1st had to be swapped because of a faulty ariel and the second was in a dodgy batch that couldn't be activated...all I hear is "I should have got an Iphone"
    Last edited by bobbobadobob; 09-04-2008 at 12:16 PM.

Sorry for her bad experiences with her BlackBerry's, but they're very good devices still. But of coarse, like anything, there are the occasional bad apples.

But an iPhone...???!?! NO, way more costly and not all it's cracked up to be, my co-worker has one and she's not very happy with it. I've never used one, but I have an iPod touch, it has cool features, but for an everyday device/phone - NO THANK YOU!!!!!

strlngsilver no está en línea Stack level 1
    all you have to do is hold alt and hit l g l g and clear your log and it will work fine i had the same problem

dpx420 no está en línea Stack level 2
    the real answer is that your girlfriend has stopped replying to your messages.. sorry bud