I was wondering if there was a way to make it so it doesn't text ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

CindayMinus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Question Texts and Email

Advertisement

I was wondering if there was a way to make it so it doesn't text me too when I receive an email.
    Is there a way to just have the email icon show me and have a different sound for when it's an email?

Thanks

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Texts and Email

Hello there! Welcome to Pinstack

What you can do is click on Message>Option>General Options>Sms and Email Inboxes and choose your option

Regarding the email sound, you can go to Profiles>Advanced>Normal> then look for Messages and edit it. Same goes for SMS Texts

Hope this helps
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher

What you can do is click on Message>Option>General Options>Sms and Email Inboxes and choose your option
    Thanks, and I don't quite understand the end of that. I went to General Options, but I don't understand what I do after that. SMS and Email inboxes? Um, haha. I might just be having a blonde moment (yet, I'm not blonde and nothing against blondes haha), but I don't understand what I do after the General Options part.

Thanks!

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Cinday are you saying when you get an email you get a copy of the email sent to you as well? If so you can login to you BIS account and put a filter in it blocking your email address and that way you wont get a copy of the email. I hope that is what you are looking for. If not im sorry, can you explain further?
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Quote Originally Posted by CindayMinus
    Thanks, and I don't quite understand the end of that. I went to General Options, but I don't understand what I do after that. SMS and Email inboxes? Um, haha. I might just be having a blonde moment (yet, I'm not blonde and nothing against blondes haha), but I don't understand what I do after the General Options part.

Thanks!
    Hi! Coming from the General Options, you can scroll down and you will see the Sms and Email Inboxes, you can click it and you will have an option if you wanted it combined or separated
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

PIN/ID

Hi! Coming from the General Options, you can scroll down and you will see the Sms and Email Inboxes, you can click it and you will have an option if you wanted it combined or separated
    How come I don't see that when I am in General Options?

All I see is...

Display Time
    Display Name
    Display Message Header On
    Display Message Count
    Display New Message Indicator
    Confirm Delete
    Hide Filed Messages
    Hide Sent Messages
    Make PIN Messages Level 1
    Auto More
    Keep Messages

Hmmm.

I want a copy of the email to my phone, but it always sends it to my texts too. I just want it to send to the email icon, not my texting too.
    I changed the tone, so I know it's an email now, but I don't understand why it sends the exact same email to my text message box too.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Hey guys i think you're confusing him/her(sorry).

Cinday your General "Messages" folder is exactly that. Everything gets funneled into that folder. Most people just Hide the individual email account icons and just have the message folder. Its much more handy when you have multiple email accounts.

The other guys are talking about an option that is with the newer OSs. You don't have that option since it's a new pearl with an older OS. They're getting a head of you a little bit.

Hope that answers your questions. IF you have more just ask.

PIN/ID

Thanks, Red. That did help a lot.

Um, I'm pretty sure I have the latest OS that T-Mobile provides, so eh.

I'm a girl, by the way hahaha.

beemreatr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2408c2db

[quote=CindayMinusUm, I'm pretty sure I have the latest OS that T-Mobile provides, so eh.

[/quote]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Not according to your profile. The newer OS will allow you to separate them. I have the same problem as you and it drives me crazy[/FONT]

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Yeah 4.2.0.64 the newest tmobile software does not have that option. however if you wanted to update your OS you would be able to seperate the inbox's. use this link if you would like to upgrade. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html
    i would suggest 4.2.1.101, or the one from rogers. I have tmobile myself and had no issues updating the os to a non tmobile os.
    EDIT: I apologize. Just got ahold of a .64 BB and it does have the option. My mistake.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 08-03-2007 at 12:35 PM.

vrble no está en línea Stack level 1

Regarding the email sound, you can go to Profiles>Advanced>Normal> then look for Messages and edit it. Same goes for SMS Texts

Hope this helps
    YOU ROCK! I'm a noobie too, and I've been trying to figure out how to change my SMS MMS notification sound for DAYS NOW! Thank you SO MUCH DASHER! You guys on here are AWESOME!

Just so you all know how far behind I was, imagine a technologically savvy guy walking around with a Samsung A500 on Sprint (CDMA, mind you) for 4 years! No text (unless you count short mail...which was a proprietary FLOP!), no music on my phone, no e-mail, no REAL internet, a tiny 1x 1.5" screen! Software that randomly swapped phone numbers between contacts depending on which entry number the info was placed in (only 199 available) due to some programming glitch, no memory expansion, no bluetooth (unless I bought a $50 adapter), software updates that ended for my phone 2 years ago which meant that the network would often drop my calls as I was dialing, or talking, or after ending a call going into no service for several minutes! I was in mobile HELL! HOORAY for the Curve and BB Kind! I love it!