I found where you can change sms settings to gsm gprs or gprs prefered and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

natemack no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

texts?

Advertisement

I found where you can change sms settings to gsm gprs or gprs prefered and idk what the difference is or what's the best or what not

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: texts?

Quote Originally Posted by natemack
    I found where you can change sms settings to gsm gprs or gprs prefered and idk what the difference is or what's the best or what not
    I have mine set as GSM. I believe what this does, is if you pick GPRS, then you will only be able to send text messages when you are on the GPRS signal or above. Meaning if you are in a place that has a crappy signal and you are stuck on GSM, then you will still be able to send texts, but if you are getting at GSM signal but you have your texts sent to go on GPRS, it won't send.

I could be wrong, but that's my best educated guess.

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Totally off topic, but does anyone else find it a bit annoying that we don't get at least some free text messages as a part of our bluetooth plans? It's just annoying to have unlimited data connectivity, and have to pay for something as simple as text messages. That's like having a car with all maintenance included and being charged to air up the tires

natemack no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I figured that but why change it then? There has to be an advantage. Yeah I haced now the 8100 with tmo with the 1000 mins and free data including texts lol

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I just leave mine set on gprs prefered so it can use either network.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ My texts are included. It depends on your service provider.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by TexRob
    Totally off topic, but does anyone else find it a bit annoying that we don't get at least some free text messages as a part of our bluetooth plans? It's just annoying to have unlimited data connectivity, and have to pay for something as simple as text messages. That's like having a car with all maintenance included and being charged to air up the tires
    Probably because they use different methods of transmission and the actual network that is used is different. Blackberry data uses the RIM Data Network and SMS messages use the Carriers Phone network Control Channel for transmission.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

rudolph sche no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23df36e3

Quote Originally Posted by TexRob
    I agree!