Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with a very strange problem on our ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

debpowell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24011C6D

Question Texting Problems

Advertisement

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a very strange problem on our T-mobile Blackberry 8100s. (both mine and my husband). Back in early Nov. I had to remove our data and texting to lower our bills (i was undergoing medical treatment). At that time, I added the block on our account to block any texts that might incur a charge. A couple of nights ago, I removed the block and added texting back on. (still can't afford data again yet). We have been on the phone for 2 days trying to get text to work. The weird thing is that we can MMS but can not SMS. When we SMS we get the red X saying "unidentified subscriber". We can receive MMS but not SMS. Any ideas? I think Tmobile is as confused as we are. We did a SIM swap on both phones and that didn't help. Pulled battery more times than I can count. Gone over every setting......am I missing something?

Thanks!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you gone to options/advanced options/host routing tables and registered again with your network or tried resending your service books?

PIN/ID
    24011C6D
    I have re-registered but I don't know how to resend service books. Would that have happened when we changed the SIM card? If not, maybe I should try that. Where can I do that? Thanks!

PIN/ID
    24011C6D
    I heard from TMO today that there is an issue with SMS texting after removing an account block. Engineers are working on it but they have no ETA on a fix. Thanks for the suggestions though. At least I know that I'm not losing it totally!! Hopefully if anyone else is having this problem it will stop them from banging their head against the wall too!

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    Deb, For future reference to send service books, go to email setup, login if necessary, and select "service books>send service books." When you want to back out, just press and hold the escape key until you're back at the main menu page. That'll do it for you.
    What goes around, comes around.

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    One other thing, if you haven't checked it. Go to Options/SMS Text/Service Center and make sure the number displayed is "+12063130004" (without quotations). This is the service center for T-Mo when I had the same problem that you are having, I checked it and there was a different number there...never did find out why though. Let us know if that works, or when you're up and running.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by puppylove View Post
    Deb, For future reference to send service books, go to email setup, login if necessary, and select "service books>send service books." When you want to back out, just press and hold the escape key until you're back at the main menu page. That'll do it for you.
    i'm having a similar problem (sort of)...i just upgraded to 4.5 and the problem i'm having is not being able to sign in to msn messenger. I could before the upgrade but it keep telling me "invalid screenname or password" i am able to log in at other locations and also the yahoo amd AIM work fine. any ideas? i keep seeing suggestions of resending service books to fix certain problems and when i go into the service book menu (actually the Host Routing Table) there are several "t-mobile usa (#'s) whith one being in bold. by clicking that it gives me some other info that says "subscribed" does not give me the option to resend so i'm still stuck...any ideas?