I am having problems with texting with pictures to or from an email address rather ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
I am having problems with texting with pictures to or from an email address rather than a phone number. If I text a picture to a phone number there is no problem. When I text to my email it never shows up. I was always able to do this with my LG but now I can't since my pearl. I am also having issues if I send a picture from an email to the phone the pic wont show up but the message comes through. Any suggestions? I have unlimited texting and pay per use multi media.
Do you not have a data plan?
"Texting" is not specific enough to help, particularly with a BlackBerry! Here's some BlackBerry Texting basics:
- email - Requires a BlackBerry Data plan. Comes in two flavors:
- Personal - wireless email received and sent from up to 10 POP or IMAP email accounts as well as a "blackberry.net" email account. Currently does not support syncing of Calendar and Contacts
(I think Contacts and Calendar sync is supported in OS 4.5 with BIS 2.5, but not Notes or Tasks sync).
- Enterprise - wireless email to and from an Enterprise email system (Exchange, Notes, or Novell) as well as wireless synchronization of the host mail system's Address Book, Calendar, Notes, and Tasks. Also includes personal email as described above.
- SMS - what is usually meant by Texting. This medium does not support attachments, and requires a separate service which may or may not be included in a BlackBerry Data plan.
- MMS - basically SMS with the ability to attach files - typically multi media files like sound, pictures, or movies although there is a size limit (I think 100K, but not sure - and remember some cell phones have very little memory available!). Requires a separate service and is not typically part of either an SMS service or a BlackBerry Data Plan.
You can mix any and all of these services, but they are all separate and although a limited number of SMS messages is being packaged with a BlackBerry Data more often these days, having any one service does not necessarily mean you have any of the other two services.
Yes I have a data plan as stated above when I said multi media plan. I went from LG phone which sent and rec'd pictures fine to email addresses, to a blackberry phone (no change in plan) and can send pictures fine to other phones just not to an email address.
Tags for this Thread