Hello, I am using a pearl (obviously) on ATT, and I love it! I tried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spitfiremk2497 no está en línea Stack level 1

Texting hanging from one user

Advertisement

Hello, I am using a pearl (obviously) on ATT, and I love it!

I tried to find this on the forums already but I couldnt... so here i am!

I do a lot of texting, there is one person in particular that I text the most with (you can feel free to read into that as much as you care to) and from this person only, the phone takes a considerable amount of time to open new messages. From anyone else its normal response time to open new messages.

Once the new messages from this person have been opened, I can open, close, scroll through them like usual, but the new ones sometimes take 20 seconds or more to open. And it seems to be getting worse. It definitely was not always this way, and it is not just their provider because I can text other people on their plan and it works fine.

any ideas?

I have the settings to save all messages for 30 days... should I clear them out? Would that help at all? Should I reload the OS? It seems pointless if everything else is okay....

thanks for your help.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Texting hanging from one user

How long do you have the logging set to?

If you go to Options>SMS

The last options should be Number of Previous Items:

What is that set to? The lower the better. If your device is trying to pull up a bunch of other messages then that would explain your slow down.

Other than clearing your SMS regularly, I can't think of much else that would cause this

And another thing I forgot to add: When sending messages to said user, it hangs for a similar period of time... ok 20 seconds is a exaggeration, but it is literally 6 or 7 seconds.

So it hangs when I open and send messages to and from this one person.

And the previous items number was 7, now its five, I am going to see if that is the problem. But I dont think it is.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

It could just be a network thing too.

figured it out!

go into your inbox, open any text from that person, press

menu > remove history

dont know what exactly it does but it did the trick! Night and day! I still have all of the messages from this user in the past 30 days, so i dont know what that did but boy did it work!

thanks

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2

Just for reference remove history deletes the record of threaded messages like for example if you text someone and they text you back and you click on your newest text it shows old texts as well ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~