Is it possible to have an individual text tone go off for a certain person? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

naomiyates no está en línea Stack level 1

Question text tone

Advertisement

Is it possible to have an individual text tone go off for a certain person? I was told it was by the tmobile rep but haven't been able to find out how...did she lie to me or how do you do it?

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    yes go to the profiles button/page and go to advanced... once in there click menu button the blackberry button with the logo then click on new profile and change the phone/sms/and there was another one u have to check think it was level 1 msg to what u want save it then once back at the menu click the blackberry button again and then go to new exception and pick a name also the name of the exception has to be the same as the profile u set up back to the exception and then u will see window that says from click and it will say add name pick the contact from address book once u see the name in there look under Use profile and pick the profile that u did for them.. and there u go

so here is step by step if u didnt understand the above text
    1.click on the profile button and go to advanced
    2.once in profile menu window click on bb button and go to new profile
    3.mane a name then change sms/phone/level 1 sounds and save it
    4.u will be back at the profile menu click menu button the bb logo button
    5.click on new exception, where it says exception/from both should have the same name, when u click on from u will get a promp to add contact pick that and pick from address book, under that u will see "use profile" pick the profile u made from the above post, make sure profile/exception has same name and also would do it the same as the contact name make it easy on u k, exit and save the settings
    6. there u go u should see the profile and when they txt/call u should have the ringtone/sms sound u want but also if u had the contact set with a custom ringtone in the address book remove it and just use the profile phone setting for that k

PIN/ID
    just ask
    also there was a post on this before cant find it but hope u can understand that all if not let me know

chevyridinhi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Would you have to make a new profile for each person? say i wanted a different sms tone for my mom, my best friend and my girlfriend.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    just for your mom/best friend/girl i have done it for 4 people its pretty fast once u get the hang of it