hey guys im new here. my question is how do i change the tone when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Iglen no está en línea Stack level 1

text tone?

Advertisement

hey guys im new here. my question is how do i change the tone when i received a txt message.

and how come i can only add applications with axl file not cod.

thanks i have the pearl 8100 v4.2.1.109

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    go to profiles-advanced-loud(or whatever is active)-sms text. there you can change it

aflansburg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2469F3D5
    .cod file is java source code package for install in a device with a Java virtual machine that runs it - i believe this is what you download when you do an OTA (Over The Air) download. The alx is an actual application loader file that you load with the Desktop Manager software.

So if there's a link for an OTA download, that's the .cod file you're getting only and not the .alx.

If you're doing it through desktop manager, you're getting the alx to load the cod file.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    to change the tone for sms texts, you go into your profiles menu (the one that changes it from vibrate to ring to silent etc) and go down to options. then hit the menu key and go to edit and edit the tone aligned with sms text. make sure to do both in and out of the holster settings too