Hello everyone I seem to be having a problem where someone who rings me is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mbickerstaff no está en línea Stack level 1

text messages not recognising sender

Advertisement

Hello everyone

I seem to be having a problem where someone who rings me is recognised ie their name appears on the screen from the contact list but of they text they are not recognised. This is because the texts are always coming through with the international code in front (in my case +44). Obvioulsy if I change the contact details for that person to +44 the next text will be recognised but if the person phones they will not be recognised ! Can anyone help?

Also, is the any way I can back up my blackberry contact list without using Outlook eg can I download it onto my computer for example?

Thanks for any help

mbusaboi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FF4F8A

Re: text messages not recognising sender

Hey there! If you update your BlackBerry OS to the latest one available (v4.2.0.88) on Cingular, this will correct the issue you are having. You can open the OPTIONS and ABOUT on your Pearl to verify your OS version. If you do not have Cingular service, after installing the updated OS on your PC, delete the vendor.xml file first before connecting your BlackBerry to the computer and have the OS flashed.

You can just do a Google.com search for the latest Cingular Pearl update. Should do the work as it did for me and my TMO Pearl.

Good luck!

thanks mbusaboi
    never tried to update operating system so not sure where to start - a bit daunting but will give it a go and let you know

fooey no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

This also happened to me and then I realised I had the same number stored on both the sim and the phone. Once I got rid of the contacts on the sim - it worked fine. I store the numbers as 07 etc but when an sms comes in as +447 it still shows up.

cheers fooey

Maybe a silly question but how did you delete number from SIM?