I have a very awkward problem that I've been dealing with since I got my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wasupdu no está en línea Stack level 1

Text messages getting "stuck" in my inbox

Advertisement

I have a very awkward problem that I've been dealing with since I got my Cingular BB Pearl -

I get just over 200 work emails per day and I'm frequently sending text messages as well. Is there a way to keep text messages out of my email inbox? Maybe I've been spoiled with the various Palm and Windows devices I've owned over the years (used Good Link), but I've never had this problem before. The way it's steup now, the text messages seemingly get "lost in the shuffle" with all of the other emails. Is there a way to completely seperate the two?

My co-worker with a T-Mobile BB Pearl is having the same problem as well. I called Cingular today and they told me there's no fix.

Any ideas? This has to be something within the phone's settings, I just can't seem to find how to change it.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Welcome to Pinstack!
    The only thing I can think of is maybe try a new theme such as zen. I believe that it seperates them, but I could be wrong. I am sure someone will be around shortly to give a definitive answer.

wasupdu no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks Stacey. I've done quite a bit of searching on this forum and other forums and it looks like I need to upgrade my blackberry.aix file. The phone has only been out for 2 weeks or so with Cingular so I'm not sure why I'd need to upgrade software already, but I'll try it nonetheless.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    you have the latest update. I don't think that is going to change anything even if there was a newer update unless you unlocked the themes.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The 4.2 OS Zen theme does not separate email and SMS.

Secondly, though a matter of semantics, the "email inbox" to which you refer is actually the Messages list. As such, all messages are listed there.

Nothing is broken and nothing is in need of "fixing". The BlackBerry OS is operating in the way it was designed to operate.

You can use filters to filter the view of the Message list to show only what you want based on the criteria you set.

From the Messages list --> Menu key --> Options --> Search --> Menu key --> Recall.

You will be at a list of default filters. From here you can edit these filters and create new filters.