On the blackberry is there a setting I can choose where I can "see" I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

VinayH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    312E5141

Arrow Text Message Indicator???

Advertisement

On the blackberry is there a setting I can choose where I can "see" I have a new message without always pressing a button on my phone to see the icon. I know the phone is always blinking green to indicate coverage and on rare occasions it will turn red when I have a new msg. How can I make it do this all the time?? I am trying to text at work and it is annoying to keep pressing the phone (wasting battery) only to see I have NO message. I rather look down, see a red blink and proceed to text instead of work Any help is appreciated!!!!!!
    -Vinay

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Text Message Indicator???

go into messages - menu - options - general settings - on the indicator make sure it is on yes, hopefully that helps, let us know how it goes!

PIN/ID
    312E5141

Thanks! I did that and you know what? It was already on that setting. Well I will see how it goes the next time I get a text

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

ok, try a battery pull, the device might just need a reset! hopefully that helps!, let us know!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Turn your coverage indicator off first..I think it's a waste of battery and do you really need an LED to tell you if you have a signal?

Then you will be able to see the red blink better. That's the only free way.

If you would like to spend money, you can grab this program Blackberry Alerts it allows you to customize what your LEDs blink for. Missed Call, Email, etc.

Good Luck

PIN/ID
    312E5141

Thanks. I will look into blackberry alerts. I messed around with all those options today but nothing would make it blink red when I got a message. I did a battery pull this morning so that is not the case. Thanks everyone. I will just bring my charger with me to work. Now I am sitting here with no phone and BORED

burky no está en línea Stack level 2

i also have my Service indicator turned off and its much better that way i think now the red light blinks until i check my message

nsarpong no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF23E9

Quote Originally Posted by VinayH
    Thanks! I did that and you know what? It was already on that setting. Well I will see how it goes the next time I get a text

the way it worked for me was to go to profiles, scroll to advanced, then click the profile you want to change (the one you use at work), then change repaet notification to led flashing. that way it just keeps flashing until you check it.

let us know if that works!!