ok im not sure if this is a regular problem with this phone or not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mickeyy1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

text message deletion

Advertisement

ok im not sure if this is a regular problem with this phone or not but like my pearl will all of a sudden delete all of my text messages that i have and i can see when new text messages come in becuse i see the notification for like 2 seconds then it automatically deletes the message before i can read it
    this is my second pearl already and it is doing the same thing as my old one
    is this normal with all pearls?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    No this is not normal behavior, do you know what OS your Perl is running by any chance?

mickeyy1234 no está en línea Stack level 1
    os?
    you mean verizon?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    check this thread

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

OS = Operating System

Verizon = Carrier

lilmama00404 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i had the EXACT same problem as u!! i no exactly what u mean when u say u see the little new message thing for like a second then it jus deletes it self, i got a new fone completely. i went thru HELL with that fone! they gave me a new memory card trying to help the problem which it did for awhile but it did it a few times after that. the only thing to really do is either get a new memory card that holds a lot like i had to, or always watch what u save in ur fone, like songs, pics, all that stuff. it hasnt done it to me in awhile (knock on wood!) so maybe the memory card thing is the trick!

icedlips54 no está en línea Stack level 1
    that happened to me and i called cingular and they said bc the memory on my phone was just about full. the guy made me delete old messages, emails, and media like pictures... and it worked fine.

weaselonfire no está en línea Stack level 1
    see im having the same problem. first verizon told me that it was a memory problem and i cleaned out all my memory, i have a 4gig card in there that has 2.5 gigs free. So they gave me a new phone thinking it was a problem with the device but now the one is having even more problems like the browser says that i have to call verizon and get that feature activated.

laraiza no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't believe it has anything to do with low memory it is a glitch in the os or the phone. I say this because I have had this problem and I have a big memory card the newest os for sprint. I have base themes very little pics but they are saved to media card and I erase all my cache SMS in and out, emails everyday. The only thing that fixes it for short while is pulling the battery or do the soft reset.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    The only thing that gets saved to the memory card is what you put there. Only Media (songs, pics, etc.) and documents can be saved and used from the memory card. Applications are always installed on the device with one exception (there is a new program that is available that will let you run an app from the memory card). When they talk about low memory they are speaking exclusively of internal memory on the device and not the memory in your TF Card.

When I have this issue it is most commonly caused by my forgetting to exit applications correctly (like google maps and my camera).

Zo

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Don't forget to clean your log, close apps all the way down, clean your cache, all of the things that have been mentioned. I also reccomend, at your own risk, getting rid of the themes from other carriers, languages that you do not need, and deleting the sample pictures and videos. That will clear up a lot of memory, which will keep you from losing your messages. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tlnemo no está en línea Stack level 1
    What is that new program that you can run apps from and where can I get it? I love my BB and I have memory issues from time to time also. I think it's because I forget to delete history on my browser and I have a couple (7 or so) themes I switch between occassionally. If I knew that app you were talking about, I would get it!

Also, does anyone know of an application that when you press end will actually close the app, like google maps, games, etc? This would help us all with some of our memory issues as well besides the fact that the app (if it exists) would take up phone memory. : )

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here is the Aerize card loader. Had it for a while but stoppe using it. Think they may have worked out some of the bugs. I would use it again. http://aerize.com/blackberry/software/loader/new BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by firegeek; 07-18-2008 at 10:29 AM.