I have BB 8100g. Does anyone have any idea how I can prevent texts from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Steve1965 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Text/Email messages INBOX

Advertisement

I have BB 8100g. Does anyone have any idea how I can prevent texts from showing in the MESSAGES Box alongside the emails? I have 3 web emails Yahoo/Tiscali and the T-Mobile ones. I have searched everywhere on the phone and on the net but can't find the answer, if there is one?
    Thank You.
    Last edited by Steve1965; 06-02-2007 at 03:50 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Text/Email messages INBOX

It's theme dependent. Vodafone theme can do it on the older OS's. But on the new OS's you can separate them. Messages in one and SMS/MMS in another. If you need to update your OS you can follow the link in my signature for directions.

The OS you need is the Rogers OS 1.94 for this options also. There's a thread around here with the link for the download. YAY new Rogers OS is the thread title.

Good luck
    ~red

Im a bit of a novice to BB. So I have started download but it says 1.93 not 1.94. What happens once I have downloaded that to my system Desktop and I open it up. Will it place it in my BB Desktop manager and then do I download it to my Handheld? I brought my 8100g 5-6 Months ago so I'm learning all the time!
    Thanks a lot for your help.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Im having problems because Im T-Mob in the United Kingdom. When directed to T Mobiles website and it asks me to enter my phone number it says invalid phone number. When I try the other link you suggested it asks me to enter details for download (multilanguage) and company name / job title etc? although the BB is my own personal device and not provided by my organisation. When clicking on the download link there it does take quite a while to download it. I'll try on that download link and see what happens after its downloaded.

THis is the Version given : BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.148 (Multilanguage) ??

PIN/ID
    STACK

I'm not sure why you are trying to log in to your TMO site. *confused*

Just download the pearl OS from the rogers site and follow the directions given in the other thread and you should be good to go.

Thats the package version there should be and app version in there and which should be 4.2.1.94
    Last edited by reddog187; 06-02-2007 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged.

Thank you guys! I changed my theme to "Zen" and I can now divide my tet messages from my emails!
    It worked.
    Best Wishes. Steve.