I have an 8100 with T-mobile. I have been tethering for a while now, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

morbidmulatto no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245573F4

tethering problem

Advertisement

I have an 8100 with T-mobile. I have been tethering for a while now, but there is a problem that I have not been able to solve. I can connect fine and surf the web as usual, but after a while (30 minutes -1 hour) the connection just stops and I have to do a battery pull to make it work again. I can't believe that this is the only way to solve this problem. Does anyone know of any other way to fix it so I can stay connected to the web on my laptop for a long period of time?

Thanks.

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I've been using tethering for a while also. Generally it works fine with little or no issues.

I've found that my tethered connection will sometimes disconnect or go haywire if I receive/make a phone call, disconnect the USB cable or my laptop goes into sleep/hibernation mode. When this happens sometimes it will recover and reconnect by itself. On a few rare occasions a BB reboot is necessary.

PIN/ID
    245573F4
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarkowitz View Post
    I've been using tethering for a while also. Generally it works fine with little or no issues.

I've found that my tethered connection will sometimes disconnect or go haywire if I receive/make a phone call, disconnect the USB cable or my laptop goes into sleep/hibernation mode. When this happens sometimes it will recover and reconnect by itself. On a few rare occasions a BB reboot is necessary.
    Yeah, that happens with me too. But usually it just stops without any of that happening, and I just don't understand why.

PIN/ID
    245573F4
    I figured out the solution. I turned on my wireless switch, and it hasn't disconnected on its own since. So I'm going to assume that that was the issue. Problem solved!

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I hope so, morbidmulatto... but I have had the same problem occasionally and I always have Wireless on.

Weeks ago I wrote a long post with overall experiences and observations re tethering. I don't have the time to look for it right now but if you or anybody wants to read it and cannot locate it let me know and I'll see what I can do.