ok I have tried numerous times before and still no luck, I have tried to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

Tethering Pearl

Advertisement

ok I have tried numerous times before and still no luck, I have tried to tether this phone time after time... I followed all the directions step by step from threads off of pinstack and seem to get the same results. Once I dial for a connection, i always get an error: 734 the ppp link control protocol was terminated. what am i doing wrong? i am operating on vista could that be an issue.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Tethering Pearl

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you have a tethering plan with your phone? That is what will allow you to use it as a modem in the first place

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3

I was having problems tethering mine also. But I got it fixed.. If you have t-mobile, you can actually call them and get support for tethering and they can help you get it resolved..

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f

yeah i have windows vista and im having the same issues I was trying to avoid calling tmo but now it looks like im going to have too. DARN!

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

I have a TMO Pearl but I have Suncom service... Will I still be able to tether?...

PIN/ID
    304feb1f

I don't know you may have to call your service provider becasue tethering goes through your service but it just uses your phone as the modem so that might make a diffrence. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Okay i talked to tmo and they walked me through and i was able to connect! Finally! okay he told me that its kind of crazy but diffrent blackberry's need diffrent settings and when i mean diffrent i mean i could have two curves and each one might have its own setting it needs to conect to the internet. The diffrence is in the extra initialization command putting this: +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"
    into that box will make the diffrence for certain phones, i had the box blank and it kept giving me the error and when i put it in there the error went away and i was connected. At the same time about a week ago i was able to connect to the internet without those settings in there, so its hard to say what you need to do, i guess just play with it.............. or call t-mobile, just incase your wondering im using the curve with t-mobile and i set it up with windows vista there might be a diffrence but it cant be much. I hope this helps, post back after you give it a try.

grim64131 no está en línea Stack level 1

was curious how the speed is on tethering? do you classify it as fast or slow or what? was thinking of cancelling my broadband connection and using my phone if it works good as that...i have verizon

PIN/ID
    304feb1f

its not fast but i guess its not really slow either lol if that makes sense, currently i don't even have internet at my home were getting comcast pretty soon so i have just been using my phone, I mean it gets the job done for basic surfing but if your going to be downloading i probably wouldn't cancel your service you have unless you have some time on your hands. I think tethering is good for on the go internet surfing but not as a default modem unless you don't care about the speed, plau its not always connects its only connected when you plug your phone up to it which is another downfall but on the upside for me its free so i use it.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by grim64131 View Post
    was curious how the speed is on tethering? do you classify it as fast or slow or what? was thinking of cancelling my broadband connection and using my phone if it works good as that...i have verizon

Its faster than dial up, but way slower than cable or dsl. Very capable if you have nothing. but not a replacement in my opinion, unless time is'nt a factor for you.