Does anyone who uses their tethered modem once or twice a week and use wifi ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

tethering nucince

Advertisement

Does anyone who uses their tethered modem once or twice a week and use wifi the rest of the time have the problem with the tethered modem login screen popping up when the are not using it? Anyone have a fix for it?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: tethering nucince

Yes I have that problem but mine is at home when I am using my lan connection, I'm afraid it happens with weak connections and or service, now you can have the fastest speed internet but the really tiny hiccups that we usually don't even notice windows does and if there is a dial up connection in your network connections folder it will try to use it. the best way to rid yourself of this bothersome event is delete the Blackberry dial up connection and just remake the connection when you are going to use it, but I have the whole thing memorized now so it's rather quick, what I would do when I didn't was I would have it memorized is I kept a text doc of the instructions in my blackberry memory card, so I could switch on mass storage mode check it out and quickly set it up. This is the one I made up and use. I hope it helps.

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

thank you very much, that should help alot, funny though I am tethered right now, so I will keep it in handy though. Thank you again

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by slingshotzack View Post
    thank you very much, that should help alot, funny though I am tethered right now, so I will keep it in handy though. Thank you again
    np, I just know how something like that can drive ya nuts ya know.