Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unless I am constantly sending data, my connection drops. It doesnt say that it is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

courtlandre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF64F9

Tethered connection drops often...

Advertisement

Unless I am constantly sending data, my connection drops. It doesnt say that it is dropping, it still says connected, it just doesnt receive data. To fix it, I have to disconnect and then reconnect. I have read a fix for this before... but could not find it this time. Anyone know whats going on? I have a pearl on t-mobile with BIS.

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Tethered connection drops often...

Same thing happens to me. Data is dropped after a few minutes of inactivity.

courtlandre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF64F9

Quote Originally Posted by toon
    Same thing happens to me. Data is dropped after a few minutes of inactivity.
    Anyone know whats going on with this or how to fix it?

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have the same problem. I play games on yahoo - spades, and there's a 3 minute time to play and when the modem goes out, it forfeits me, dropping my ratings big time. Please have answer someone if there is?!

alceryes no está en línea Stack level 1

Two places to check --

1) Uncheck the 'turn off USB devices to save power' for all USB root hubs in device manager. This is probably not the problem but it won't hurt to uncheck.

2) Look under the specific network connection for your BB (usually some type of modem). I think it's R-click, properties, options...or something like that (just fish around), until you find the 'idle time out' setting. Turn that off and you should be good.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

hmm thats weird, mine doesnt

cipher5170 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by courtlandre View Post
    Unless I am constantly sending data, my connection drops. It doesnt say that it is dropping, it still says connected, it just doesnt receive data. To fix it, I have to disconnect and then reconnect. I have read a fix for this before... but could not find it this time. Anyone know whats going on? I have a pearl on t-mobile with BIS.
    I found this thread through a google search but I have the exact same problem on a Blackberry 8130 on Verizon's network. Anyone have any ideas?

cipher5170 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cipher5170 View Post
    I found this thread through a google search but I have the exact same problem on a Blackberry 8130 on Verizon's network. Anyone have any ideas?
    anyone?

GeeMrScience no está en línea Stack level 2
    First thing is go to Control Panel on your computer, double click System, then the Hardware Tab. Click Device Manager and click the "plus" (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the bottom of the list. Right click USB Root Hub, and select Properties. Click Power Management Tab and remove checkmark from "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and click OK. This must be done aon all USB Root Hubs listed.
    After that, test it again to see what happens and let us know...
    King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

sender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C1561
    I've been having the same issue on T-Mobile, but I use it so infrequently I haven't really gotten into looking for solutions. Anyway, I always have to do a reset (hard or soft) to reset the BB. The connection rarely lasts longer than a minute though. My device had the timeout set to never and the allow the computer to turn off USB devices disabled, so while that might work for someone, it does not work on my T-mobile Pearl.

Personally, I have some luck at different times of the day with the connection maintaining itself, but I think it is largely a network congestion issue in my particular area. I'm gonna try a different APN and see if it works.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe you can run some app in the background that constantly polls the network to keep your connection alive. Like open a cmd prompt and just set up a "ping -t www.google.com" to harass googles servers. Or run an ultra low quality streaming audio, or RMS feed, or something that requires at least 1 byte of information transfer every second lol.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    i tried to downoad a 3 meg file while tethered. i had to retry over 5 time to complete it, since i kept getting dropped. however, when the download finally completed, i couldn't use the file. it got corrupted.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    no just a question here? is something happening when it doesconnects, are you getting a message or a phone call. I know it sounds like the old dial up connections from way back in the day. i know when dial up was popular sometimes when connected to the internet I would lose internet just like you are and I would have to reconnect. i think its just a connection issue, i don't recall ever having this issue at all....

oh and one more question how long are you on the internet before it cuts out, and what type of signal strength do you have when this is happening?
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    mine just cuts out randomly. i don't have to redial the DUN connection, but it's as if all data transfer ceases for a bit and it has to handshake again.

sender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C1561
    Basically my connection will just freeze. The BB is still connected in DM and my computer continues to recognize the BB as connected to the Internet, and the BB continues to send data through the connection (what I don't know), but fails to continue receiving data.

I did a couple of things yesterday: changing the APN didn't work, so if there is another, less used Tmo APN, I'm still looking for it. I also have to disable my BB password for my connection to work correctly, as if the BB checks occasionally for proper security access then disconnects the Internet connection. I tried to have no more than one page loading at a time and that seemed to extend my connection somewhat. I also think that pages with Java scripts tend to cause the connection to freeze.

Other than that, no other events are causing the crash like incoming calls/texts/emails, at least that I know of. I have had the freezes with none of those events, and I have had those events occur and the connection continue to sail along. I think I may be in a sparse coverage area, which sucks, because according to the coverage map I am about to move from one sparsely covered area to another, less covered area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast