Anyone having a problem with 107 crashing explorer when you try to connect? It worked ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bacon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

tether modem crashing computer

Advertisement

Anyone having a problem with 107 crashing explorer when you try to connect? It worked with 103 but after I updated it started crashing explorer. So I reinstalled dm and redid connection setup. Still having same issue

Re: tether modem crashing computer

did you set it up all properly?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

what do you mean its crashing explorer?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

unclear as to what crashig explorer means...does it just kick you out of IE or does it actually kill your explorer.dll kernel (the kernel that allows you to SEE everything you're doing on your computer)? more information (like detailed steps on your exact set up) would be useful so we may help you troubleshoot this little conundrum.

PIN/ID

When I open up the connection window and hit connect is when it comes up. It said encountered an error with windows explorer. Then everything disappears but the background like when you shutdown. Then everything comes back on like normal. But now when I try to connect it says unable to connect modem or device is already in use. I followed the setup from the sticky post about tethered modems. I even posted first on what happened when it happened. Its the last post in there. It is crashing the explorer kernel I believe. IE is not even open when I am attempting to connect. It also crashes object dock which is an alienware app that docks at the bottom of the desktop showing cpu speed, mem usage, etc. Thanks for the help everyone

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ . Regardless of how many times you reboot your pc or phone, issue will still occur. There's a particular process that you need to end by going into the task manager but I forgot the process name so best thing to do is uninstall and reinstall dm, unless you know the process name to kill or even disabling that device that is causing that problem. Make sure you do a clean uninstall/install. Clear your ie cache while you're at it. What I would also do is when everything is up and running, enable the device manager to start everytime your system starts. This option is located on the bottom right hand corner of your pc desktop, under properties, by right clicking. That way, you don't need to run dm for your modem to work, only the device manager.

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh yea, forgot to mention, you can also try resetting your tcp/IP settings. Go to run, type in cmd and hit enter. Type in 'netsh int ip reset all' (no quotes)
    enter. Good luck

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks schmunger. I have reinstalled desktop manager 3 or 4 times now. Each time clearing the settings. I wish I knew what the program I need to end is. I will try to just end a bunch of stuff to see if it works. It worked fine when I was using 103. The first time I tried to use 107 without changing anything this started.

PIN/ID
    Some processes running arebbdevmgr,rimDeviceMgr,DesktopMgr,ehmsas