First of all I was wondering if the verizon/Nextel and other U.S providers models of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jiggaman2g no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301D5887

Telus Blackberry 8130

Advertisement

First of all I was wondering if the verizon/Nextel and other U.S providers models of the 8130 are the same as my Telus one? Reason being is for the last 3 days I have been trying to load some themes onto this phone and its been absolutely whack!!!! I have read threads and posts from everywhere and I keep experiencing the same issue! Last night I went onto the "8100 themes" thread and browsed through quite a bit and downloaded them onto my pc as a zip file. Created a new file and only moved the "alx" files to the new folder. Ok ill put it in list form to make it easier......

* Found themes that were for the phone (they say 81xx themes) Not sure if thats the problem..
    * Created new file for the themes and only transfered the alx files
    * Updated my BB Desk Manager to the v4.3
    * Downloaded the Device software for my carrier (Telus) and ran that program as well
    * Deleted the "Vender Document " from my computer
    * Started the Desk mgr and it said that there were updated programs of language and some other programs so I hit proceed.

* go to the "Application Loader" hit add and browse for my alx file and hit open. The pc pauses for a second then I get "No additional application designed for your device were found"????

Last night I by fluke got a PLAZMIC SCI FI theme on the phone and thought all was well, but all the other files keep giving me that error message.

Also now that I have the sci fi theme every time i go to try it again and end up canceling out of DM I get a summary on the last page saying "Unrecognized modules will be deleted" and shows my SCI FI theme like it wants to remove it from my phone!!!! so I hit cancel and leave it alone.

Can someone please help me with this? I want themes!!!

Thanks in advance
    Crackberry Pin 3053C148 (new pin)

PIN/ID
    301D5887

Re: Telus Blackberry 8130

Looks like it had a problem cause I didn't separate the themes individually...duh figured it out now though.

PIN/ID
    301D5887

Ok figured that part out but now when I put 2 on the phone says unrecognize theme and wants to delete one of them.....should I be storing them on my sd mini card? Or delete some of the ones the phone comes with?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

not sure how you got the download of the sci-fi theme

what other themes are you trying to download and still get the error?

MistahP no está en línea Stack level 1

i keep trying to install a theme....on the 8130, but getting the error message that was first mentioned above....do i need a special theme for the 8130?

PIN/ID
    301D5887

Quote Originally Posted by MistahP View Post
    i keep trying to install a theme....on the 8130, but getting the error message that was first mentioned above....do i need a special theme for the 8130?
    I used the themes from 8100 and they work fine not all of them but a majority of them do.

specialguess no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

did you ever fine a solution for your problem?

I have had my Pearl for about 3 weeks from telus and I have the same problem when I try to load themes
    Markham, Ontario

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Special -- the ota 8100 themes should work perfectly for you. The ones in the desktop download thread (zip files) will work once you have installed the handheld 8130 software to your pc. Desktop manager alone will not work. You HAVE to have the device os too.