I had just recently come to this site to try and use the free themes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LordSauron no está en línea Stack level 1

Telus 8130 Themes?

Advertisement

I had just recently come to this site to try and use the free themes are available to download on this website. But when I follow the instructions in order to add them to my Telus 8130 Blackberry Pearl, it tells me that there is an error about it is not available for my phone or something like that. So I was wondering if there was a way around this perhaps? I had checked whether I had the new version on my phone and everything to make sure that it wasn't that. So I just wondering whether this Telus sticking it us with the customization of our phones again...?

mpovolo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Worked for me. You need to edit the alx file and add the Telus Vendor code.

missymoo201 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do you add telus vednor codes? I'm so new to this and Telus is not a help.. I really want to add some cute pink themes to my BB 8130 but dont understand how to do it

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by missymoo201 View Post
    How do you add telus vednor codes? I'm so new to this and Telus is not a help.. I really want to add some cute pink themes to my BB 8130 but dont understand how to do it
    I've got a Telus 8130 and have not had a problem - pimped mine out. Be sure that you download the files that are uploadable through the Desktop Manager - if you're using your computer - and not the files that can ONLY be loaded Over The Air to your phone.

Feel free to give me a shout or drop me a line if you need help with anything - I'll do my best :-)
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

Where did get these supposed Telus vendor codes? I didn't see anything in the directions that was on this site? Maybe I missed something?

I was hoping that you could maybe give a step by step guide in order to help me figure this out?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Find your current OS software file located here in most cases...C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\"deviceOSversion" look for your 8130 with whatever is the LATEST OS you have on it.

Step 2) Right click on the "Blackberry.alx" and select "Open with" and select notepad or wordpad.

Look for <!-- T-Mobile filesets -->

<fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Reduced" Java="1.0"
    _vendorID="100"> change 100 to whatever Telus' vendor ID is.

Where it says "True" Keyboard Type="Reduced" Java="1.0", that will be for the 8100/10/20/30.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 07-18-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Well the problem is... I don't have a Blackberry.alx file at all anywhere in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ area at all. I checked all of the folders in that area and there is nothing. And I don't know what the vendor code for Telus is... so even if I find this file I don't know what code to put in...

RelicAte no está en línea Stack level 1
    First of all, which free themes are you referring to? Are you trying to unlock other vendor themes? Or are you trying to add user created themes? I have an 8130 on Telus (which doesn't by the way have it's own "theme" - it uses the default Blackberry Zen, Icon, Today themes with a Telus background picture) and I've always been able to add user created themes with no problem (just be sure that you are downloading the correct theme for your device ie. the 8100 series). You should only have to tinker with the vendor file and codes if you want to "unlock" other vendor themes (and to be honest, the user created themes you find here and on other sites are far superior to the vendor themes ).

Ok well the only way that is appears that I can get different themes on my Blackberry is using the browser and downloading the file straight from there. And as for ones are in ZIP file format I can't do that with. And I when I try and download it to the PC and then add it with the USB after unzipping it, the program says that there is nothing for my device... And I know for sure that it is for a 81xx model so that should work with mine.

Such as this one
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ht=Super+Mario

I really want to try and figure out how I can get this one on my phone.

And now when I ask for real help... There is no one that will help... Great...

Verbal72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301F5AF7
    I had the same problem when I first got my BB (from Telus). I think I had to update my desktop manger to fix it.

BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.3 (Multilanguage)
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...747126A320559A

Try that and see if that helps.

*EDIT* This is the tread that helped me.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=46506
    Last edited by Verbal72; 07-28-2008 at 11:23 PM.

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey I was having the same issue all you have to do is download a copy of the handheld software onto your computer from the telusmobility.com website then your computer picks up the files that is all you have to do! I was having the same issue until I did that

Well if you are talking about the Blackberry Desktop Software... I have installed the lastest version, but I still get the same error message. It says that there is no application that is for this device, but it says with the theme that I am trying to add that it is for 81xx. I am not sure why it doesn't want to work for me.

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    No not the desktop software the device handheld software. It is a seperate download from the desktop software.
    You have to go to this website:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E607FE7CC0E1A0

Download:
    Blackberry Pearl (TM) 8130 smartphone

once you download that you have to double click on the file to install the file on your PC! DO NOT HOOK UP YOUR Blackberry to your PC (Yet that is) you will not need to at this time!

Once you install the software on your computer and the process is done, come back to Pinstack

Pick the theme you want and download the zip file.
    Double click on the zip file and extract all files or right click and extract all files.

Attach your Pearl to your computer and load up the Desktop manager.

Go to the application loader click on Add, this time when you click on the alx file for the theme it should not say it cannot be found, or `No additional files can be found``

For some reason your PC needs a copy of the handheld software to recognize alx files ect.

Try that if it doesn`t work tell me
    ~*♫♥Kat♥♫*~