Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am on telus here in Edmonton and ya what they say is true. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

I am on telus here in Edmonton and ya what they say is true. The MMS option is not even on the phone. When you go into messaging and hit the menu button unlike other pearls the menu reads only:compose email, compose PIN, Place a call, compose SMS, Blackberry Messanger.

I know according to even the online Blackberry 8130 interactive guide it shows "compose MMS" in that menu.

however on my TELUS 8130 it is noticeably absent. This may be a software upgrade at some point with telus but I am unsure.
    at this time I use the Blackberry messenger and e mail only to send pictures.

sucks but "it is what it is!"
    late
    cHAd

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea mms is a carrier function. if they want to disable it then they can do that. it is crappy but its the way it works

Scotsman66 no está en línea Stack level 1

What?? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    yea mms is a carrier function. if they want to disable it then they can do that. it is crappy but its the way it works
    I bought the Fave 35 which specifically includes "unlimited picture and video messaging" If they have disabled MMS then what am I getting with this feature?? Sending to an email address only is not what this is supposed to mean - correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a Blackberry Pearl and I can only send images to email addresses. This is not what I was led to believe when I purchased this plan.

Think I'm gonna drop by the store on the way home and ask a few pointed questions. grrrrrr.
    Last edited by Scotsman66; 07-02-2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Clarification

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    I have no problems with my pearl 8130 from Telus , I have the unlimited email 15$ and unlimited data 15 $ so there is your 30$ there , just signed up with Telus and no problems with MMS but keep in mind that SMS is an old technology and email is a better replacement due to you will always get the mail whereas SMS you can never retrieve it from any provider service . / unless you get a court order \ and email you can send bigger files , so if your running into issues with mms tell the person on the receiving end they need a more up to date phone

I hope this helps
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smile Thanks!

Thats interesting - I assume your $15 unlimited email and $15 unlimited data refers to one of the two $30 data plans ('Add-ons') for the smartphones. If thats the case, the only thing different is unlimited browsing and applications between you plan and mine.

However, I think I must still have to tweak a setting somewhere, because I dont even get the 'Compose MMS' menu selection either in the messaging application or the media application.

Like I said - I would prefer to be able and receive MMS directly from cell to cell but I only get the URL to go to to pick up the MMS message for receiving and have to go through the MMS email gateway on sending. Kludgy.

Thank you very much for your assistance - so it does appear the MMS is supported by Telus.

Scotty

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Yeah man ill ask my friend what you can do , he works at a Telus support centre in toronto

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

d0nkz no está en línea Stack level 1
    if you actually sign into my telus mobility you will see at the bottom of the page check photo messages. then click preferences forward messages, check enable forwarding messages. forward location. then type in ur email and add it to the list

And it automatically forwards your image to you in the form of an email. no snap site to go to.

Hope this helps

Contacted e-Care regaridng this

Got a message back from their Customer Care dept to my inquiry about this

" ....
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Multi Media Messaging feature. We are pleased to assist you.

TELUS PDA and Blackberry devices are not compatible with our SPARK services, such as My Inbox, picture messaging (MMS), ringtones, images, games, and Mobile TV/Radio/Music, as they do not have a compatible web browser. Instead, PDA and Blackberry devices have an internet browser, similar to one
    found on a PC.

..."

Whatever they mean by "compatible browser" ??

Hope this helps

Scotty

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    It is the same way on sprint. They just don't enable mms messaging on their pda's I think its just a cmda thing =\ ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

n8diggity no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300f9631
    its actually a service book thing. i used to have bell and none of their blackberries would do MMS then one day i had a new icon on my screen for downloads and mms worked after that. i had to manually resend my service books to enable it. on carriers like rogers because gsm has had the picture enabled blackberries for longer, they already had service books that would charge you according to your plan. for now u could send it as an email to telus phones its (ten digit $)@mms.telusmobility.com. For CDMA providers u just need to be patient for your service books to be available which will enable the compose mms option onto your phones.
    when I'm goog I'm good so very good but when I'm bad I'm even better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12