Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi Guys; I'm just about to port over from Fido to Telus since the introduction ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38

Telus 8130 Pearl & MMS

Advertisement

Hi Guys;
    I'm just about to port over from Fido to Telus since the introduction of the unlimited data on a pearl for $15 plan. Yes, it is only $15 and covers everything but tethered modem, however i know there are difficulties using MMS for video/pics on the pearl. Can anyone confirm that you can send and receive MMS on an 8130 on Telus? If so, what charges are incurred or is it simply data (and therefore part of the unlimited plan)?

Cheers.
    - Adam

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Telus 8130 Pearl & MMS

Not really sure how it works up north but SMS/MMS are completely different from data. In the states we have to have messaging bundles also. That does cost extra.

bugmenot no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm unable to send MMS with my BlackBerry 8130 (on Telus with the $15 BlackBerry add on), if I want to send pictures I have to send them via email.

EsqHill no está en línea Stack level 1

My understanding is that MMS falls under text messaging and the rest under data. I have the $15 plan and pay 10 for unlimited texting msg's as well. Everything works fine for me.

binaryarcam no está en línea Stack level 1

The skinny on MMS with Telus.

As a former employee let me break it down for you:

MMS/SMS is a chargable feature unless you buy the bundle
    If you have the $15 ultd Data, which I do, then you can send messages to any Telus phones via email and attach any pic/movie/mp3 you want. The default address for telus is phonenumber@msg.telusmobility.com. don't worry the reciever is NEVER charged for messages.

unquick no está en línea Stack level 1

for 15$, you get unlimited "email", not data...

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by unquick View Post
    for 15$, you get unlimited "email", not data...
    welcome, but sorry that is not correct
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...earl_plan.html
    http://www.telusmobility.com/ab/plan...email_15.shtml this is directly from Telus's site

Email 15 for BlackBerry and PDA

**Unlimited Email and Web promotion
    New clients signing up before December 31, 2007 on a 3 year contract term with select data plans can enjoy unlimited email and Web browsing for 3 months.

after that it will be email & web of 2MB (and $12/MB after)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    4c7dab38

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I actually work in a telus corp store. The only thing that's not unlimited is testherd browsing. Aside from that its fair game and their servers can't differentiate between data from and email and data from a website. However tethered modems call on a different server.
    Cheers
    - AdaM

Spidinator no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey just thought I would let everyone know that if you want to send a picture to anyone on the Telus mobility network then what you have to do is the Clients Phone number 2507777777@mms.telus.net. This will send it directly to the other persons phone. Now unfortunately from talking to Telus if you want to receive a picture message they still have to send it to your Blackberry email address but as he said most of the newer phones have email address slot built into the text messaging now so I guess its no to bad.

Apparently this does not work so I am back to the beginning again. I have tried the other address that is out there but no had any luck either so I was excited when he told me this new one but it doesnt work!!!!! Sorry!!
    Last edited by Spidinator; 02-18-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: information does not work

WESC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    206BF519

Quote Originally Posted by adam.sn View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I actually work in a telus corp store. The only thing that's not unlimited is testherd browsing. Aside from that its fair game and their servers can't differentiate between data from and email and data from a website. However tethered modems call on a different server.
    Cheers
    - AdaM
    just to clarify here,
    my girlfriend just got the pink pearl and is on the 30 dollar unlimited email/IM/text messaging (with voice and display). What do you mean by the servers can't differentiate between data from email and from websites? is this some kind of loophole, where with her pearl and the unlimited email, she can still go on the browser and facebook app (for example) and not be charged?

PIN/ID
    4c7dab38

Well, I know as of last December they couldn't tell the difference. I think that might have changed with the introduction of the new plans not too long ago. Kinda sucks, but still a lot cheaper than when it was charged by the mb. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blackmaster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3022F98D

Re : Telus 8130 Pearl & MMS

I work for Telus, the 15$ data plan for illimited web is the old one... if you buy you'r black after february 3th, the new 15$ plan is just for email illimited. For the mms, this is impossible to send any picture and video with the text messaging system.

blackmaster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3022F98D

Re : Telus 8130 Pearl & MMS

Again sorry, with the new plan on Telus. the IM,email and text messagin include caller id and voice mail. It's not include the web.

mskismet no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryarcam View Post
    The skinny on MMS with Telus.

As a former employee let me break it down for you:

MMS/SMS is a chargable feature unless you buy the bundle
    If you have the $15 ultd Data, which I do, then you can send messages to any Telus phones via email and attach any pic/movie/mp3 you want. The default address for telus is phonenumber@msg.telusmobility.com. don't worry the reciever is NEVER charged for messages.
    thank you.. this was very helpful

closetosomet no está en línea Stack level 1
    its just telus and their stupid mms system. i have the plan with unlimited messages (picture included) and i cant send or recieve them unless i use email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast