Anyone out there know why this is the case? I know there's a few users ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ERShotty no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3057b8bc

Telus 8130 No refresh GPS option?

Advertisement

Anyone out there know why this is the case? I know there's a few users on here who've reported that their Blackberry Pearls from Telus don't offer this. Is there any other way to do this, other than using a 3rd party app (GPSed)?
    Ernest Rosales
    Email: erosales@telus.blackberry.net
    Windows Live: kweenzalum03@hotmail.com

cellulou no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Telus 8130 No refresh GPS option?

i'm on telus doesn't seem to be too many of us on pinstack so i'll try to help out

what exactly do you mean by "no.refresh"?

...and did you manage to track yourself using gpsed? i've been tooling around for a week and haven't been able to create a track...i start tracking, but that's as far as it goes...it's just "active" and that's it...no tracking points, nothing! aaargh!
    Last edited by cellulou; 01-22-2008 at 10:39 PM.

ERShotty no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3057b8bc

Well... according to all the literature supplied by RIM and several other pearl users, when you go into the options>advanced options>GPS screen, when you click the menu button, there should be an option to "refresh GPS", which refinds and pin points your exact location by displaying a screen that shows the appropriate information.

Unlike it's GSM cousins and some other pearls out there, the Telus Pearl does not feature this option. Refreshing your GPS basically shows you the information that you see in the main GPSed screen.

I only use GPSed to obtain those settings for use in BB maps by running them simultaneously/

As for the tracking stuff... well... I'll be honest with you. I've never used that feature before, so I'd be of little help on that.

Sorry bout that...
    Ernest Rosales
    Email: erosales@telus.blackberry.net
    Windows Live: kweenzalum03@hotmail.com

cellulou no está en línea Stack level 1

ah, i c...thanks for the uber.clear explanation and not flamin' my noobiness...i prob' won't be of much help seein' i had to ask what "gps refresh" is...as far as why this is the case for those of us on telus...that is beyond me...

i kinda' just posted 'cause i'm havin' difficulty creating a track and exporting it using gpsed...aaargh! i'm lookin' for peops' who have managed to do it succesfully from an 8130.

anyway, good luck.
    Last edited by cellulou; 02-13-2008 at 10:00 PM.