Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by popo341 In the thread the individual who posted that info says you ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    In the thread the individual who posted that info says you can delete pre loaded info and such. Well I can't
    This post will help with that. It is written for an 8100 but the steps are the same the names are just a little different. Remember it is at your own risk. You can potentially really screw up your phone if you are not careful.

GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~popo check my blog and take a look at red's thread on disappearing call logs. It has several tips for freeing up memory.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Remember it is at your own risk. You can potentially really screw up your phone if you are not careful.
    yes but as long as he backs up the device before doing anything then he will be ok. with the amount of help in this forum there really isnt a scenario he could do to his device based on that thread that cant be reversed i say the benefits outweigh the risks

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Ok I am at 15224532 Bytes now up from 10311732 when I started this thred. I will back up my device and attempt some of the steps in a little bit. Thank you all for your help and I will advise regarding the outcome. Thanks again!
    Last edited by popo341; 04-05-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: additional info

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    here is another quick one which i am not sure is on that thread. go to the media icon and then hit the menu button then go to options. set the reserved pictures memory to 0mb if u use a memory card.

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    here is another quick one which i am not sure is on that thread. go to the media icon and then hit the menu button then go to options. set the reserved pictures memory to 0mb if u use a memory card.
    Just did that now we are at 17161076 Bytes!!!! Woohoooo!

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok now your operating at what i would call a safe memory level after a battery pull

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    I mean my device was working fine prior to this but I will see if there are any changes. I haven't deleted the pre-loaded pics or video yet but I will do that soon. I just have to find that damn file on my computer.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    I mean my device was working fine prior to this but I will see if there are any changes. I haven't deleted the pre-loaded pics or video yet but I will do that soon. I just have to find that damn file on my computer.
    You can easily delete the preloaded video by running set up wizard on your phone (it will give you that option). Set up wizard will be somewhere on your home screen.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    C:/program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/**your OS version**/java

its in that folder

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Great thread guys. Helped me free up some of that precious memory too. Thanks. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    your welcome man. so how much file free space do u have after a batt pull? i hope more than 15mb

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    I am at 17421040 Bytes for now. I will have to go through the post more thoroughly and see what I can get rid of. I am just very, very leary of deleting files when I am not sure so I just don't.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    now wait a sec. dont delete them. just move them to another folder. maybe you can make one called "deleted modules" and then if in the future u want it back then u can do so.

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Ok gotcha! Ummm I just posted a question about OS's would you mind having a look and giving your advice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast