So here it is, I had a cingular version of the black blackberry pearl and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

g35 racer no está en línea Stack level 1

tech issue with pearl

Advertisement

So here it is, I had a cingular version of the black blackberry pearl and it broke. it was still under warranty so at&t sent me a new version of the pearl.. when I recieved this new phone I switched my sim card so I could ship the old/broke phone back to them.. now here is where the problem is:

When I went to upload my address book from the sim card, it said the sim was blank!! i had over 500 numbers in my phone and I know for a fact that they were saved to the sim not to the phone's memory.. so i've tried to go to my local stores and all they have done is laughed at me.. literally laughed at me.. how F*ed up is that?

The phone is broke so i cant turn it on.. when I put a battery in it the l.e.d. on the front flashes red but the screen never turns on.. so it looks like there is power but maybe the screen is out?? I dont know but I do know is that when I ship it to cingular I will never see it again.. I even tried to connect it to my comp but no go.. im all out of ideas and i have to ship the "defective" phone back to cingular in a few days to avoid any processing fees.. is there anyone who can suggest anything to me to try and help me get my numbers out of this phone??????

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

thanks in advance...
    Last edited by EvolutionCSR; 09-01-2007 at 09:43 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: tech issue with pearl

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hopefully you backed up too. Also might want to look into syncing with some PIM too have it backed up somewhere else. Just something to save your from headaches later on.

g35 racer no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    Sounds like you need to reinstall the OS...

Should have came here before calling Cingular

You should then be able to get your phone turned on and backup your contacts...I didnt even know Sim's could hold that many #'s..but I never put mine on there so lol.
    ok, so i have tried all that but still nothing. it seems the computer wont reconize the phone. the led in the top right-hand corner just flashes red, thats it. any other suggestions?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by g35 racer
    ok, so i have tried all that but still nothing. it seems the computer wont reconize the phone. the led in the top right-hand corner just flashes red, thats it. any other suggestions?
    Follow the link in post 2 it should work for you. You will probaly need to try it multiple times to get it to work. Make sure that you follow the steps exactly.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am in the same situation right now. It's a good thing I have my 70+ contacts saved to my backup 7100t (and my other phone which I will be switching to when I pay my bill) which I have been using this week.