Hello, I am new to Pinstack. I previously owned a 7230. I recently ordered a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wwilson no está en línea Stack level 1

Question T-Zones Workaround

Advertisement

Hello, I am new to Pinstack. I previously owned a 7230. I recently ordered a white Blackberry Pearl (comes with stereo headphones) and am looking forward to getting it. My question is, I read that there was a workaround to get total internet on your BB with just using the 5.99 t-zones and using the proxy 216.155.165.50:8080. Does this still hold true?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: T-Zones Workaround

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    AFAIK this work around is only for WM5 phones. A blackberry requires a BB data plan to work.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    To add to my previous post, the proxy will work with other smartphones and PDA's. The 2 phones that need specific data plan are sidekick and blackberry phones. Hope this helped and congrats on the new Pearl!

wwilson no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the info. I received the info from gruups, it said the following

"Getting your Blackberry To use your T-MobileWeb (the new T-Zones)

This is the big one. Everyone would love to get away with only paying $5 for what they were paying $20 or $30 for.
    The trick is to set the T-MobileWeb APN and Proxy in the "Options" (or "Settings" in the newer blackbery" then find "TCP" from the list

Enter the following information
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username & Password: {Blank}
    Gateway IP: 216.155.165.50:8080 {This is where the HTTP Proxy goes}

This last line is usually what's missing if your blackberry has been set (or was at one point set) to an "Enterprise Server", usually called BES, or using MDS.
    These are all settings for people with blackberry's with connections to IT departments in their companies, or renting that kind of service from a Blackberry Email provider.
    You need to find a way to get your Blackberry to be setup as if it's just you and not you with a corporation. Contact your provider for more details about this if you do not understand the meaning of this.

I have been experimenting with my Blackberry 7280 which unfortunately was originally setup with BES and I have not been able to reset it.
    Installing a new firmware has not changed this, and "blanking out the security policy" has not helped.
    If you find that you DO have the Gateway IP: in your "TCP" option then you are ready to go.
    If you can't find your web Browser in your list of applications CLick on the ALT key, then press the BACK botton on the side of the device. It will be in that list, if not upgrade yourself to a 4.xxx firmware from any provider
    Please feel free to contact me with your experience with this, just email info at this domain name"

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Intresting, I may have to give this a try

Babusg33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20940b1d

im not on the bes server on my pearl. but yet the gateway IP option is not there at all?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

wwilson, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles