Hi, I have a Telus 8130. I have unlocked the T-mobile Zen theme. Everything is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

andrewchun123 no está en línea Stack level 1

T-mobile Vendor Theme Problem

Advertisement

Hi,

I have a Telus 8130. I have unlocked the T-mobile Zen theme. Everything is fine... except that the background image is the default Telus one. I don't want the Telus background I want the blue T-mobile one. In the theme preview it shows the blue t-mobile but when i load it, the homescreen has the telus one.

How do I fix this? Or can someone upload the T-mobile wallpaper?

Thanks

chadzworld no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2464E6DD
    I may have something that could work. Just sent you a PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    if you have a fix, why not post it? why send if via PM?

chadzworld no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2464E6DD
    I have a wallpaper but have yet to figure out how to post pictures via my blackberry. I did think he might want to try the today plus theme its kinda close to the blue t mobile one. Here @ http://mobile.blackberry.com/resourc...us_240x260.jad
    NE way trying to help. Don't have any theme experience but you do Cherri.

What I don't understand is that the t-mobile background does not show up on the main screen. However the preview shows that t-mobile background. And when i make a phone call the t-mobile background is used. So i must have the background image stored on the device... but there is some strange setting that makes the background image for the main screen to the telus one.

Obtaining the t-mobile background would help so that you can manually force it... but i wonder what is the underlying root of the problem...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have a similar problem when I unlock themes on my 8130. The theme previews look correct, but my Alltel background attaches itself to vendor themes.

This has been my experience so far, whenever I unlock and add vendor themes to my 8130, whatever theme is the first one I use, my Alltel background picture shows up instead of the appropriate one for that theme. So, if I want to use the Verizon theme, then I put 2 themes on my BB, lets say Verizon and Bell. I apply the Bell theme first....my Alltel background attaches itself to that Bell theme, then when I use the Verizon theme, it looks the way it should. If I apply the Verizon theme first, then it will show up with the Alltel background.

So to get the theme to display as it should...I have to download 2 vendor themes, open the one I don't want 1st...let the Alltel pic attach itself to it, then open the theme I really wanted...........the bad thing is....that if I want to save memory and delete the unwanted theme and keep the Verizon one...then the Alltel background then attaches itself to the Verizon theme since the other one has now been deleted.

That has been my experience....you are the 1st one I've seen post anything close to my problem so if you or anyone else has a better fix than mine....please share.

Also, Andrew...let me know if the applying an unwanted vendor theme first trick works for you............these 8130s sure are quirky when it comes to these vendor themes......

EDIT: here's a link to some screen shots I posted......they are of the Verizon theme with the Alltel background and under that are shots of the Rogers theme working as it should:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...1&postcount=48
    Last edited by azstar; 06-01-2008 at 11:53 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Ok...

So i deleted the t-mobile theme.

Then install the bell and t-mobile theme. When i load the bell theme, it works perfectly fine(the correct bell background appears).... when i load the t-mobile theme the stupid telus background attaches itself to it!

However i noticed the BB zen theme has the default road background not the telus.

This is so strange and frustrating. I'm not sure how these things happens... its very odd. At least i'm not the only one with this problem.
    Last edited by andrewchun123; 06-01-2008 at 10:45 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Here's a weird thing with mine too. When I first got it.....all the dimension themes had the default road background. I never knew there was an Alltel background and never saw one until 1 day I deleted a theme that was active at the time I deleted it......when my BB restarted.....the dimension zen theme had the Alltel background. That was the first time I had seen it......I had used my 8130 for 2 months before ever seeing the Alltel background!!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've pretty much given up trying to get the background for the t-mobile theme... oh well