Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have no clue what has been changed with the new DM. It woud be ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Advertisement

I have no clue what has been changed with the new DM. It woud be nice if there was a changelog somewhere that was user-accessible. OTOH, I did wipe my Pearl and install the T-Mobile OS, since I am a T-Mobile customer. There are some nice things, such as having google.com default to the standard page rather than the Google Canada page (which happened when I used the Rogers OS), or having an OS that is supported by T-Mobile in case I have any problems.

hudgens no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    217fd031

Help With This upgrade

Ok Im Running Windows Vista and it wont install because i assume from reading here the digital sigs? Then yawl are saying install from desktop i dont understand that part HELP! Suggestions?

Also can i install the new update tp the phone with old desktop manager?

Thanks ans Sorry im New to blackberrys But I tell you its the best phone i ever had im enjoying it so much

Michael
    Michael LeShane Hudgens

sayh0y no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204af577
    Quote Originally Posted by hudgens
    Ok Im Running Windows Vista and it wont install because i assume from reading here the digital sigs? Then yawl are saying install from desktop i dont understand that part HELP! Suggestions?

Also can i install the new update tp the phone with old desktop manager?

Thanks ans Sorry im New to blackberrys But I tell you its the best phone i ever had im enjoying it so much

Michael
    check other post for the answer.

ernestdefoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218D1F76
    I have noticed that my BB runs faster, and boots up faster. The deal with the auto dim doesn't bother me. I just hated the fact that I couldn't use the OZ client until I called BB Tech Support, but now all is well.

Aaronc no está en línea Stack level 1
    One thing I have noticed with the new upgrade is that incoming callers can hear me much faster now.
    It used to take 3-4 seconds after I hit answer before whoever I was talking to could hear me. Now, it's instant.
    Not sure if it's upgrade related but it definitely got better after I did the upgrade.

vidals no está en línea Stack level 2

what does version 4.2.0.64 fix!?!

I searched like crazy and can't find the "change history" or "change log" is for going to the latest tmo version 4.2.0.64 (from 4.2.0.42). There must have been significant changes. The most important question would be:

Did RIM solve the problem with the pearl not ringing. Here is my question to help@blackberry.net earier today:

I am an IT professional and it is critical that my phone rings when
    somebody calls me. I just upgraded my 8100 pearl to your latest OS
    (tmobile) 4.2.0.64. And I must know if this latest OS release resolves
    the problem with the phone not ringing as described in your doc id:
    KB10930

Karnivore no está en línea Stack level 1
    They did fix the ringer problem! Yay! However, I lost my BB server connection and I lost my browser! WTF! On hold for customer service now.

Karnivore no está en línea Stack level 1
    Backup did not capture all of the service books. T-Mo had to resend now I need to get it from my IT guys.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Does the new OS fix the problem with the incorrect times for the music files, its a pain to have to start a song all over if I should have to close the media player for some reason.

Evoluti0n no está en línea Stack level 2
    cool downloading it right now

vidals no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnivore
    They did fix the ringer problem! Yay! However, I lost my BB server connection and I lost my browser! WTF! On hold for customer service now.
    How did you find out that they fixed the ringer problem?!? It isn't an easy problem to replicate, so testing the ringer situation isn't straightforwards for me. Did you figure out a way to test it or did you read some documentation that says they fixed it?

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so I'm currently on the road and I have no access to a pc. Is it still possible for me to do an update via ota?

tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcsbrooks
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so I'm currently on the road and I have no access to a pc. Is it still possible for me to do an update via ota?

The update to your phones Operating System has to be done via the Desktop Manager on your computer no ota im afraid

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by vidals
    How did you find out that they fixed the ringer problem?!? It isn't an easy problem to replicate, so testing the ringer situation isn't straightforwards for me. Did you figure out a way to test it or did you read some documentation that says they fixed it?
    The ringer problem I think he is referring to is the Trackball movement silencing an incoming call, now moving the trackball does not silence the ringer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12