Hi all, I am a new user of the Blackberry Pearl and didn't do a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dubbz no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile T Mobile UK and Blackberry

Advertisement

Hi all,

I am a new user of the Blackberry Pearl and didn't do a massive amount of research before purchasing apart from having a fiddle on a friends Blackberry which I thought was very good.

I decided to purchase the Pearl on T-Mobile as it seemed more user friendly mainly for the organisation features and web usage. Because I mostly use web based email software, having the built-in email features wasn't a big deal.

After signing up to T-mobile, I was told later there was an additional charge for the e-mail feature. Fine I thought, don't really need that, I'll just opt for the browsing option (Walk and Web). Unfortunately, the Walk and Web does not work without the "e-mail" option which is an additional £10 per month.

I am very dissapointed as now I can't even just browse the internet and am stuck with a pretty useless phone for 12 months even though I wasn't told at any stage at having to pay the additional charge for e-mail! One of the many benefits of living in ‘rip-off’ Britain

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: T Mobile UK and Blackberry

Hello Dubbz and Welcome to the Stacks.

Sorry about the misinformation you received from the TMO agent. Unfortunately, you will need the BB add-on plan in order to receive email or browse the web.

this is usually the reason why I don't take sales agents word on plans.

dubbz no está en línea Stack level 1

I will definately be more careful with advice given to me by agents in the future.

I may be able to return the phone in exchange for another non-blackberry phone even though I like it alot, I don't think it is worth it, especially not for my anticipated amount of use.

Just out of interest, how much do people pay a month for their phones.

T-Mobile UK your looking at:

Flext 25 plan = £25 (200 mins or 400 texts - fluctuates depending on usage of either)
    Web n Walk = £7.50 (Unlimited a.k.a 1 gig fair usage)
    "E-mail" = £10

Total = £42.50

Assuming most people here are from the US, you're looking at around $82 a month...

That about average for the amount of call time you get?

benojir no está en línea Stack level 2

dubbz,

there may be a slightly cheaper way .

Try calling t-Mo and asking them to upgrade your standard tarriff to Flext 25 with WebnWalk, (instead of having WebnWalk as an add-on) and I think they give you the 'Blackberry internet service' for £5.

If you get n free line rentals/offers, it should be ok, as youre technically upgrading your tarriff.

Worth a try before you return it, as the Pearl is definitely worth it. I ve had mine for a month and still impressed by its features I never knew existed.

ben

itsrichduh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25476af4

im on the flext 25 plan but you have to have the email plan too if you want your email to come direct to your bb., its like £7.00 extra or something but i got it for £5
    Aim: Richsidekickinit
    PIN: 250DE7B9
    YIM: itsrichduh