Can I upgrade my OS with the tmobile 4.5 or do I have to still ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pdhall5 no está en línea Stack level 2

T-Mobile took over suncom so...

Advertisement

Can I upgrade my OS with the tmobile 4.5 or do I have to still use the suncom one??

Thanks in advance!

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    should be able to go the latest os out and download it. there is a forum that tells you how to upgrade. main point is to get rid of the vendor file. i like to delete extra stuff like the apps i wont use and the extra language files. i'm on 4.55 and love it with T-Mobile and i use the Hot spot at home thing. so there is no issues with the UMA part.
    T-Mobile is about the slowest on updating software. doesnt seem to matter what carrier you use it seems. might be, but haven't seen any.
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdhall5 View Post
    Can I upgrade my OS with the tmobile 4.5 or do I have to still use the suncom one??

Thanks in advance!
    pdhall5, You can get the latest official OS here - it can be from any carrier - and get instructions for the upgrade here. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    Thanks for posting the links Fish.
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    As long as you delete your vendor file before updating it'll work fine. My phone is from ATT and I have os 4.5 even though they haven't released one specifically for that carrier yet.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    pd, Check the instructions: you need to download the OS, install it to your p-c, THEN delete the vendor file and install to your handheld. It's in there, step by step.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pdhall5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the help you guys...ill try to do the upgrade later on...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yohoashish no está en línea Stack level 1
    if we donot delete vendor.xml file and then update then what will happen.can somebody explain it.plz