I'm planning to migrate my mobile number (and my Pearl) from T-Mobile to AT&T. I've ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MAK-VA no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile to AT&T?

Advertisement

I'm planning to migrate my mobile number (and my Pearl) from T-Mobile to AT&T. I've successfully found the links for the Cingular/AT&T software upload for my Pearl. Is there anything I need to worry about in flash upgrading the T-Mobile Pearl with the AT&T software? The web site notes that this is for the "8100c" and as far as I know I have an "8100." I presume the difference is PTToC. does that make a difference on my T-Mo Pearl?

I'm just smart enough to figure this stuff out, but not smart enough that I can't brick my Pearl, so advice would be helpful.

Oh yeah - one more thing. I unlocked it.

Mark
    Last edited by MAK-VA; 09-11-2007 at 05:55 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: T-Mobile to AT&T?

Then when you have your account with AT&T go into your BIS account and send your service books. Then you should be all set. There is no need to change the OS or any of the software. It's all the same. No need for flashing or whatever. Althought your pearl will alwasy be branded a TMO phone. SO the splash screen and your default theme will always be TMO.

MAK-VA no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Then when you have your account with AT&T go into your BIS account and send your service books. Then you should be all set. There is no need to change the OS or any of the software. It's all the same. No need for flashing or whatever. Althought your pearl will alwasy be branded a TMO phone. SO the splash screen and your default theme will always be TMO.
    I read the part about the .alx file and changing that so at least it will boot up as an AT&T phone. I think I can do that. Will my ex-T-Mo phone ever do PTToC if I reflash it?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

you will get PTT when you send the service books from AT&T. ITs all about the service books!
    OS is device specific, software is carrier specific.

There is no "flashing" with blackberrys. It's an actual OS so you can reinstall but if you have the latest OS then there isn't a point.

The splash screen will always be TMO when you boot up. To get the theme you need to edit the .alx file. I have a link in my signature about unlocking vendor themes. you will need to do this everytime you update your OS though.