Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by sanfrancisco Like I said, the rep on the phone said they have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: T-Mobile price for 8100?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Like I said, the rep on the phone said they have 7 business days to ship, but I don't know where she got that from. I suspect that if there was too long a delay I could press the issue and cancel the deal.

After all, I did not order the phone with the expectation that they can take their sweet time delivering it. Plus, they did not say "Oh, they are on back order or there will be a delay." In fact, I specifically asked if they had them in stock and she said they did.

So I suspect that at least under California law I can nix the deal if they drag their feet.
    Gentlemen, this phone is in high demand right now. It could take a second to get it. They ran through RIM inventory on the first day.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by slmoney
    Hey San Fran....
    check ups.com, track the phone via reference number with your phone number as your reference number...
    T-mobile told me the same story that you got...on back order....will for "grins" I checked UPS.com this evening...and WOW..its being shipped via UPS Next Day. I'll have my 8100 in the morning!

Good luck my friend!

Steve in St Louis
    I had to have it shipped to my P.O. Box, so it's being mailed via USPS. I will call now and see if I get a tracking number. I did order the one on the day it came out, so I would think it is on its way.

I'm on hold with TMO, on the phone. Thing is back ordered.

I put up a stink about them not telling me there was a problem, especially since I ordered it 8 hours after it came out on Sept 12. [I was polite, but firm].

She called a local store, they are holding one for me and canceling the order so I can go into the store tomorrow and upgrade there.

I told her I appreciated the help and that she was more helpful than most people would be. She appreciated the thank you. [Actually, I think she was taken aback, I suspect most people are rude and fist shaking demanding].

So guess I'll get mine tomorrow, at least on the one line.

Moral of the story, be nice, polite and some people will help.
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 09-19-2006 at 05:09 AM.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Good job sanfrancisco! I would've put up a stink too!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

RichTXn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3214E094

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    Gentlemen, this phone is in high demand right now. It could take a second to get it. They ran through RIM inventory on the first day.
    I can understand this completely, however the tmo reps didn't take the time to advise me that there was any type of the delay. They just kept telling me that it was on it's way.
    I can accept a product being out of stock and any other unforeseen issues that would cause delays in my order. Just don't straight up lie to me......

Quote Originally Posted by RichTXn
    I can understand this completely, however the tmo reps didn't take the time to advise me that there was any type of the delay. They just kept telling me that it was on it's way.
    I can accept a product being out of stock and any other unforeseen issues that would cause delays in my order. Just don't straight up lie to me......
    My point exactly. It's kinda like restaurant reservations where they tell you your table will be ready any minute, but that is code for it will be a 1/2 hour wait beyond the rerservation time. They should just say the table is not ready because they are busier than expected.

By the way, in getting the rep on the phone to cancel the online order [which they earlier said could not be done] I think it was your and my logic that struck a chord. I think she felt I was right, that they should have told me there might be a backorder, rather than telling me whenever I would call during the last week that my order was in a "shipping pending" status .

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    By the way, thanks for posting this. Because of it, I immediately called TMO and asked about the shipping status. I mentioned that on the Blackberry boards a guy [you] said the phone was on back order. She then confirmed it was.

So without your post, I would have just put it out of my mind and waited for God knows how long for it to arrive. Probably a month.

So thanks again.

P.s. There is a certain thrill, excitement and satisfaction in getting something the week it comes out. Patience is not an element in attempting to have that little bit of pleasure. E.g., here in San Francisco when you whip out the latest cool phone, others around you, on the bus or cable car for example, slyly look at it with envy. That little bit of pleasure is so pleasurable I gotta have a smoke afterward and I don't smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by slmoney
    I'm doing a HAPPY DANCE...I just tracked my package on UPS.com and my PEARL was delivered this afternoon.... NOW I cannot wait until 5pm so I can get my hands on it!

And...I was told on Monday it was on back order! I guess a new shipment arrived and orders are being processed.
    Same here. I went to the store that the phone rep said to go to, asked for the guy she said to ask for, got the phone and was walking out the door in 5 minutes.

He even put the sim card in and the thing fired up, ready to go.

It's PLAYTIME for the next six hours

Oh, the phone is $220 after the rebate [California sales tax, gotta hate it].

P.s. I was so pleased with the guy in the local store doing his job that I tipped him $10 on exiting. He said "Oh you don't have to do that." I said "Put it in your pocket." He then quickly said "OK and thanks a lot" as his coworkers looked on with envy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12