Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone, I live in the Bay Area (San Francisco, CA) and all the local ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rperalta no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile price for 8100?

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I live in the Bay Area (San Francisco, CA) and all the local T-Mobile stores sells the 8100 without contract for $429.99 + tax. However, from t-mobile.com says $349.99 is the suggested retail price.

I was expecting to pay $349.99 with no contract. Can you please help?

Thank you.
    Robert

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7

Re: T-Mobile price for 8100?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

We just got one for my wife the other day here in Atlanta. She got the "upgrade" price with a two-year contract for 249.99 (after a $50 rebate). She's beem with TMobile, but just wanted a new phone, so they gave her the upgrade credit.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Yeah, I don't think it should be that high. Print it off of the website, go in there, and be like wtf?

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I know if you are a new customer w/tmo, you can get the pearl at a nifty fee of 199.00 with a 2 year contract. I got mine for 249.00, did not mention rebates though. Those are with contracts

zukutu no está en línea Stack level 2

$199 2 years contract and after $50 rebate

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Not that it is of any help to you, but for poll purposes, I logged on to T-Mobile's site [I have two lines with them] and checked to see if I qualified for a phone upgrade. I think the requirement was that I had to have an account for 11 months, or something like that.

I did qualify, so the phone was $200 AFTER a $50 mail in rebate. My account was billed, meaning I did not have to pay any money at the time of the order. With California sales tax and shipping the total, after rebate, was $230.

Of course, my contract was extended 2 years [no big deal to me] with a $200 early cancellation penalty.

Tip: You may want to check online, through other vendors to see if the price is less than what your local dealer is charging. But since the phone only came out last week, I doubt that without account activation you are going to find any deals out there. Heck on eBay the prices are all over the map. Prices will settle down after the excitement dies down.

On Saturday, Sept 16, I ordered another 8100 for the other line I had. Same deal. Except this time I dialed 611 and ordered it on the phone, not online.

The drag is that they told me they have 7 BUSINESS days to mail the phone and it takes 5 days to get via regular mail. So, I won't be getting the phone for about 14 days from order date. In fact, on the first one, ordered the day it came out [Sept 12], as of Saturday Sept. 16 they had yet to mail it. T-MO said it was "pending" on their status page.

When I saw the 8100 in a T-MO retail store I asked the guy if I could upgrade there. He said yes, but I did not ask the price. I would not think it would be higher than what would be charged online. By the way, it was a T-MO store, not just a dealer, if that makes a difference.

I then called 611 to see if I could cancel both orders and simply buy them local. When I called on Saturday I asked if I could cancel both orders, since they had not shipped, she said I could upgrade at a local store.

T-MO said "No, once order is placed, it cannot be canceled." So I gotta wait. I guess in a way that is fine since I can read up on the feedback on this site. Plus I have been very happy with my 7100t.

darinh no está en línea Stack level 1

Yep $249 ($199 after $50 rebate) and 2 year extension on my contract. $249 for 1 year extension, no rebate.

Minneapolis area.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ wirelessbuy.com $50 with two year contract.

Note: only for new tmobile customer.

r00t3d no está en línea Stack level 1

I upgraded 2 days ago in a T-Mobile store and it was 249.99 with 2 year contract

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

You'll always get a cheaper price on the web. The stores markup no matter what. Just order it from the site. Also, the stores say they won't match online specials and pricing. They simply can't touch it.

rperalta no está en línea Stack level 1

Anybody in the San Francisco Bay Area or people that works for T-Mobile can confirm the $429.99 no contract price (Invoice price what it says on their label). I wonder if it's based on your State where you are living in.

I would like to use this on the Cingular network, which I'll use my wife's 4 months old T-Mobile account to get the code to SIM unlock it.

I just want to make sure before I pay a full price for it, maybe there are other T-Mobile stores that are cheaper and still near by I live or work.

Thanks for all that responded.
    Robert

RichTXn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3214E094

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also ordered my 8100 from tmo thru 611 for 249.99 on the 12th and my order is also still to this moment showing as "pending"... Here is the kicker... One of the tmo repa advised me that"you will get your 8100 when you get it.. We will ship it when we feel like it.."it is good to see that I am not the only one that tmo is jerking around.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by RichTXn
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also ordered my 8100 from tmo thru 611 for 249.99 on the 12th and my order is also still to this moment showing as "pending"... Here is the kicker... One of the tmo repa advised me that"you will get your 8100 when you get it.. We will ship it when we feel like it.."it is good to see that I am not the only one that tmo is jerking around.
    Like I said, the rep on the phone said they have 7 business days to ship, but I don't know where she got that from. I suspect that if there was too long a delay I could press the issue and cancel the deal.

After all, I did not order the phone with the expectation that they can take their sweet time delivering it. Plus, they did not say "Oh, they are on back order or there will be a delay." In fact, I specifically asked if they had them in stock and she said they did.

So I suspect that at least under California law I can nix the deal if they drag their feet.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I haven't really run across any other no-contract pricing information. Generally, Amazon will list a device with service plan and without service plan but I don't see an option like that for the 8100.

unitzero no está en línea Stack level 1

I got mine for 299.99. It came with a 50 dollar rebate. This is on a one year contract. If I had signed for a 2 year, it would have been 249.99 w/ a 50 dollar rebate. Yes, this is in the Bay area.

--Sam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast