I just put my phone down for 10minutes, picked it back up and went to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cjk
    cjk no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile Pearl, SMS/Messaging Problem??!!

Advertisement

I just put my phone down for 10minutes, picked it back up and went to text someone, and all my sms are gone???!!! And someone just told me they have been sending me txts but I have not been receiving, anyone know what could be wrong?

Tmobile seems to have shutdown customer service for the day, well so much for their awesome customer service rating..

update: sorry, was so shocked at what was going on i didnt see the thread about the same issue a little below!

coldchill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DB3E7C
    Feeling real bad for you cjk.. i have less clue of what the problem might be. . however every phone has a messaging centre number.. you should check if that number is correct in your phone ..
    for t-mobile the Number is : +12063130004, this might be different depending on your location. you can check in options>sms in your previous phones and confirm.
    you should also check other options in that window..like Data coding and Network to send over.

hope it works for you.
    -Nick

cjk
    thanks for the info!, i think i read it may be memory related..which is pretty dumb..i mean i did recently take a tonnn of pics, but why not delete the pics and not the sms and phone logs

strange..things like this should be worked out before these phones go to market

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Your Profile still shows that you have a 7130e. Are you running two phones. You can check your Pearl to see how much memory you have free in the Options/Status of by holding the ALT key an typing RACE. If you are getting low, you might want to do a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in). And which is more important? your Pictures, or your messages. I would certainly want my Pictures rather than my phone log, that's for sure. But you should be saving your pictures to the media card and not to the Device Memory.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cjk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Your Profile still shows that you have a 7130e. Are you running two phones. You can check your Pearl to see how much memory you have free in the Options/Status of by holding the ALT key an typing RACE. If you are getting low, you might want to do a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in). And which is more important? your Pictures, or your messages. I would certainly want my Pictures rather than my phone log, that's for sure. But you should be saving your pictures to the media card and not to the Device Memory.

Rcbjr.
    well yeah i still have the 7130e w/ verizon for safety incase tmo sucks bad..

thanks fot the help, cleared up the memory, and my 1gb microsd card came in mail today so I shouldnt see this problem anymore

the pics i dont care much to have on phone except for a few, because after i take em, i just shoot an email to my flickr account and it automatically uploads them

thanks again!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    the pics i dont care much to have on phone except for a few, because after i take em, i just shoot an email to my flickr account and it automatically uploads them
    In that case, I would delete each one as soon as it's uploaded to your flickr account. But now that you have your media card, as you said, you shouldn't have a problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    there is an option how long your pearl keeps the messages. just hit the menu key when under your messages and go to general options. lowest setting is 15 days so it may have been that. I dunno just to let you know, if you didn't know before.

REDMONSURFER no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: T-Mobile Pearl, SMS/Messaging Problem??!!

Thank you for the helpful fix. A cold boot is just what I needed. Much appreciated!! - Redmoonsurfer