I have a unlocked T-Mobile Pearl that I'm using on At&t/Cingular. I'm trying to install ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nutathis no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile Pearl O/S issues

Advertisement

I have a unlocked T-Mobile Pearl that I'm using on At&t/Cingular. I'm trying to install the following from the ATT website:
    Applications: 4.2.1.96 -Software Platform: 2.3.0.78 -
    File name: 8100M_PBr4.2.1_rel154_PL2.3.0.78_A4.2.1.96_ATT.exe

I have Blackberry Desktop Manager v4.2.0.10 and I delete the vendor file. When the file finishes I still get the TMobile icons/applications. Should I now have the Att software after deleting the vendor file or am I missing something. I've flahsed the software about 4times last night without sucess. How do I get my applications look like the apps in the attachment. Thanks

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: T-Mobile Pearl O/S issues

go to Options > Theme. if AT&T is an option there, change it to that theme.

if it is not an option, you will have to unlock the vendor themes. to do so, follow the instructions by editing blackberry.alx found in this thread.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Nutathis welcome to the Stacks!! Techishon is correct you will have the TMO theme unless you follow the instructions in the link to the thread he gave you. Since it's a TMO branded pearl default will always be TMO. The start up screen will always be TMO also that you can't ever change, but the theme you can unlock. Just keep in mind you have to unlock it every time you update your OS. It's really simple once you get the hang of it.

let us know if you need a hand.
    Good luck
    ~red

Thanks, the theme is not there and now I'm looking at the text file. I have a question, am I changing all the vendor codes for each provider to read that of 102 which is the code for ATT.

Thanks again

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

If you only want the AT&T theme, only do it for that one. If you want the others, then change everyone you want to that code.

Thanks again, you guys are the best sharing you knowledge. It did take awhile for me to change it but it's done. I was changing vendor ID and the theme file but just needed to change the ID, you live you learn. Thanks again.