Hi i'm new on this forum... I bought a t-mobile pearl 8100 unlocked in new ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Piggy no está en línea Stack level 1

T-mobile pearl 8100 unlocked support...

Advertisement

Hi i'm new on this forum...

I bought a t-mobile pearl 8100 unlocked in new york (1 month ago)...but now i live in Italy...the phone works with another SIM CARD without problems...the only wierd thing is that it works only with 1 version of firmware...WIND 4.2 (note that it doesn't work with TMOBILE firmware etc..! :S)..plus it resets by itself always..without a reason (after 1minute...after 30 minutes..after 1 hour etc..after 30 seconds)!i can't understand where is the problem...here in italy there aren't support centers for blackberry...i don't know what to do!

I hope you can help me ...thank you so much

bye bye!
    Piggy

Ps. I just upgraded the firmware..i installed the T-Mobile 4.2.1.179.....it is restarting and restarting with the red led....and yeah now ERROR 543...I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you always had these problems since day 1 with your phone? Are you making sure when you're changing firmwares to delete the vendor file before updating?

No..the first days it worked perfect...the problems started when i went to Italy! Now the firmware T-MOBILE works (the last release) but thephone resets by itself in random periods

if i wanna contact the support center..should i contact RIM or T-MOBILE? i havent a contract with t-mobile cuz i boughtit unlocked but its brand is TMOBILE...i hope u can help me!

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well, the only thing I can think of to tell u is to get all important stuff off of the device, download the latest software for the carrier ur using, do a device wipe, load the new OS to the device and see if that helps...this will be a lengthy process lol...

Also note that if u have anything on ur memory card that is incrypted, be sure to have backups and extra copies of pictures and music and such because during the device wipe the random encryption key that the device generated will be wiped from the device, leaving encrypted content inaccessable forever lol I had to find out the hard way..lol trust me...not a good look at all on RIM's behalf

Also u can use t-mobile's OS even tho u may be using a different carrier's SIM. I never had a problem doing that. Just try and see what feels best to u.

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    Last edited by LanceInPants; 06-30-2008 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Wrong thread.

the fact that the phone resets without a reason in random periods can depends on the battery?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Its could be your OS to does your phones led blink 3 times with red

the led just appears 1 time and then reset...

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    8100's from tmo are running 4.2
    8120's and 30's are on the 4.3
    i suggest going to tmobile and installing the 4.2 OS again.