Without reading 5,000 posts, I would like to know if it is advisable to change ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rudegar no está en línea Stack level 2

T-mobile OS

Advertisement

Without reading 5,000 posts, I would like to know if it is advisable to change OS's

Facts: I have a Pearl with the T-mobile OS 4.2.0.64. I now am a Cingular (AT&T) subscriber. I like the way everything works. i.e. "it ain't broke".

Desired: The one enhancement I'd really like is the turn-off screen dimming. Speed, improvement in Suretype would be nice but I'm fine with it as is.

Question: Is it worth updating the OS to get this one feature? Or am I asking for trouble or complications or sacrifices or risks that something else won't work right.

Thanks

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: T-mobile OS

I don't have a T-Mo branded 8100, but I am on AT&T and I would have to say that upgrading to either 4.2.1.96(AT&T) or 4.2.1.101(Mobikom Austria) would be a good move. They are both way faster than 0.64, and much more stable IMO.
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

^^do what he said^^

arb982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BF92C

werd! what they said...

madmad100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E2AA5A

no doubt im running .101 and its the best so far and i had my pearl for a while now but resently joint this form ps pinstack is freaking sweet
    Keep Ya Head Up

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

yup 101 is the most stable one and it runs fast, little boot time and so on, you should tottaly upgrade, its easy :P

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

yeah there is no harm to ur phone as long as you do it right and let the install finish and not unplug it halfway through
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    I upgraded to .96 looking to go up to 101 so far I've had 0 problems with .96 just do it u can always go back if it doesn't work for u!

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

The only thing you need to be aware of is this- if you call the carrier for any problems you may experience, they will know what OS you are using, and if it isn't their's' they will tell you they cannot support you. I ran into this issue recently with TMO. So I simply switched OS, and called back. Presto! They will only know however, if they ask for your IMEI #. So if they don't ask for it, don't sweat it. And just having another OS did not void my warranty, as the urban legend goes. I just had to remove it, before calling the CSR back. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

I had tmo with an ATT OS and called for help. No problem, they helped anyway. The answer to my problem ended up being to downgrade back to the .064 OS because it is the only one that did't drop calls.
    Seems like most folks do better with the newer OS, a few, like me, don't. Although I will try it again.
    Your odds are good and you can always go back, the only cost: a little time and frustration.