Hi all, My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I am new, and have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shannonk no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile "Manage Address Book" function?

Advertisement

Hi all,

My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I am new, and have done a bunch of searches here and on the T-Mobile site, and I can't figure this out.

I just got a Pearl this week, and it's a major upgrade from my old phone, which, among other things, didn't have a SIM card so that I can easily transfer my contacts. I tried sending contacts to my phone using the Manage Address Book link on my.t-mobile.com.

I get the "Download Successful" message on the website, and then get a message on my Pearl saying that the phonebook download is complete, and to turn the phone off and back on to reset the address book. And yet, there are no contacts in there (except for the friend I am meeting for drinks tonight, and only because I added that manually).

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I am using the 11-digit format T-Mobile recommends, and getting all the right messages, but no actual contacts. Has anyone else run into this?

And if this won't work, is there any way I can enter the contacts without having to type them all into the phone itself? I love the QWERTY keyboard and all, but for entering that much info, I'd much rather be typing on a full-size keyboard if possible.
    I have a Mac PowerBook at home. Can I somehow use that?

Again, sorry this is so long. I have the feeling this is a dumb question, but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks!
    Shannon

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: T-Mobile "Manage Address Book" function?

Well, there's a couple things you can do.

1) Get to a PC (work, maybe?) and install Desktop Manager. From there, you can sync it up with Outlook, etc.
    2) Get Yahoo! Go. You can type everything into your Yahoo! address book, and then use Go to sync it up.

shannonk no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks!

This is a personal device (and I am trying to stop checking my work email constantly), so I'll try the Yahoo route.

mando82 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah, I was gonna suggest outlook. That's what I use. I just made a arperstr contacts folder labeled BB contacts cuz I have lots of email addresses on my address book that I won't use on my BB.

tmotechgrl no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey There! The 'Manage Address Book' function on the TMO website sends the contacts to your SIM. After you power cycle, go to your address book, press menu and then load sim phone book. voila! You can press menu again to copy them to address book.