I've noticed that some bluetooth functionality seems to be disabled for me. For instance, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bshacklett no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile: Bluetooth functionality disabled?

Advertisement

I've noticed that some bluetooth functionality seems to be disabled for me. For instance, I can't bluetooth contacts from my phone to my roommate's pearl. The BB manual shows how to do this, but the functionality isn't available on my phone, and T-Mobile says it's not possible.

My question is this: What sort of features are being disabled and is there any way to enable them?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    i dont think tmo can disable this kind of thing on the phone. Tmo usually doesn't disable anything.

a blackberry can be picky what it can receive from other devices (ie non BB). The contacts in the phone may not be in a format the BB can understand.

I think I have used BT to transfer address book info from one BB to another, and use it regularly for pictures.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    TMo can disable bluetooth profiles on handsets. For some reason they have been removing the serial port profile from the samsung handsets...have no idea why but they do. As far as I know, they don't interfere with the Blackberries. I don't remember if blackberry can send contacts via bT, but i'm pretty sure you can email them

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Actually from speaking to samsung, the reason they removed it was to increase sales of ringtones from their website. Currently only samsungs are crippled this way on tmobile. They have been doing this since the launch of the stripe (T329). It is nothing different from what verizon does and has been doing for years.

Zo
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Forgot to add. Samsung is the only company currently that refuses to standardize their charging and headset ports. Their excuse is to increase sales of accessories. Personally, (and I told them this) I have seen it force customers to move to a different brand so they won't have to spend more money on chargers and headsets since they won't have to replace them everytime someone in the family changes phones.

Zo
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea these services for bluetooth are carrier controlled and as far as i know there is no way to change them

bshacklett no está en línea Stack level 1
    To clarify, I was trying to send contacts via bluetooth between two Pearls. This should have worked fine, but the menu option was unavailable.

So the services are controlled via the wireless network, then? I was hoping it would be via the firmware that they publish, but I guess that would be too easy to get around .