look, im pissed cuz i just typed like a whole essay about trying to get ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F

Question T-Mobile APN...

Advertisement

look, im pissed cuz i just typed like a whole essay about trying to get opera mini to work but since my mom got this stupid new Logitec MX3200 keyboard, its been givin me nothin but problems...its got a stupid pressure or heat sensitive zoom pad going up the left side and since i have big hands, my pinky and ring finger tend to hit it every few mins or so, and this time it selected all my text and deleted it...

anyway, all my apps work but opera mini, i have a connection to blackberry, (even tho im not supposed to), all internet requiring apps work but this damn opera mini...am i missin sumthin??? is it possible to use blackberry as an APN??? i cannot buy a t-zones plan, as it is not an option for my account type (hint hint PP but shhhh), so what, am i S.O.L. and J.W.F. ($#!+ outta luck and jolly well F***ed lol---George Carlin)

Please Help!!!

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    What does "I have a connection to blackberry (but I'm not supposed to)" mean? That might help us diagnose the problem.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Somebody's going to be a little surprised when .02 cents per Kb eats up all of his prepaid card... Your prepaid SIM does not connect you to blackberry, but to the t-mobile web, and your web browsing and data access for the apps is costing you out of your prepaid card. Last I knew, it was .02 per KB, but, that's probably gone up. Since you are connecting via the t-mobile web, and not blackberry internet service, the ports for opera mini are blocked

PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    Quote Originally Posted by csa819 View Post
    Somebody's going to be a little surprised when .02 cents per Kb eats up all of his prepaid card... Your prepaid SIM does not connect you to blackberry, but to the t-mobile web, and your web browsing and data access for the apps is costing you out of your prepaid card. Last I knew, it was .02 per KB, but, that's probably gone up. Since you are connecting via the t-mobile web, and not blackberry internet service, the ports for opera mini are blocked

Actualy, it does connect to blackberry but its not supposed to...i have 22 service books when i should only have no more than 7...when i get time i will post a vid or something...if i had no connection to blackberry, i wouldnt be able to push the service books for my email accounts to the device...correct me if im wrong...the first service book on the list is the one for the blackberry internet browsing service...when i run the diagnostics test, it reads as follows...

Radio Data Activation: Yes
    Signal Level: 91dBm
    Radio Access: EDGE
    Network: T-Mobile
    IP Address: blah blah blah
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes

Blackberry Registration: Yes
    Connected To Blackberry: Yes
    Blackberry PIN-PIN: Yes

thats as much as i feel like typing...plus i feel i got my point across...t-mobile cant charge me for something that they have no control over, (well not much control i should say), i have two browsers, the one that launches from the t-zones icon that opens up with T-MOBILE in the backgroung, and then i have the globe with the arrow around it that launches the one with BlackBerry in the background...but if im wrong about anything that i stated, please let me know...my knowlege is based on trial and error, info recieved from the blackberry site and tech teams and just pure smarts...keep in mind that this post was not meant to be a snappy comeback, its just that when i feel im right, i will do what i can to defend my views lol...

sooooooooo...back to my original question, is there a way to use blackberry.net or somethin else as an APN? this is really annoying lol. is there any difference between the services with the UK t-mobile prepaid and the US??? if i bought a UK sim, would it work here in the US???
    Last edited by kashief; 04-12-2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: spell check

PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no answers??? Anyone???

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    If you're trying to use wap.voicestream.com , and it isn't working, then I don't know what to tell you. I would think that as long as you have a valid sim card, t-mobile would take your money however they can, but I could be wrong. That's what I use for my opera mini browser, along with everyone else who has t-mobile. Whether a PP account is different, I have no clue my friend.

PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~haha this is so corny...well I guess I shouldn't be greedy, as I do have the blackberry internet browsing service when I'm not even suposed to...but that was the main reason I tried to sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo hard to get it, to use opera mini lol

P.S. Every "o" in "so" represnts a day of trying lmao that's sad

bkzgreeneyes no está en línea Stack level 1
    kashief where do u get all ur service books im havin the same problems as you but in this case my internet browser doesnt work ... i want mine to work also =D any little hints to help make it work??

PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    Ok, do u have prepaid or a monthly plan? Either way PIN me or pm me...

I may post the steps...the spys are all over...lol

well since i cant even use the bbmessenger (pin) or pm you... juss send me an email better at drsonlyma@yahoo.com

thanx ;]

oh and i have a monthly plan....i think i could do it also on it cuz my sister has the same family plan in mine and she has internet witout her even have to pay for it and we both got the pearl

PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ just call the service provider and tell them u want the blackberry voice add-on added or the blackberry data connector enabled...both are the same thing and is free...

Luckt for me u have a plan cuz my explaination is kinda long for the prepaid work-around lol

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Huh? I'm lost.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by kashief View Post
    look, im pissed cuz i just typed like a whole essay about trying to get opera mini to work but since my mom got this stupid new Logitec MX3200 keyboard, its been givin me nothin but problems...its got a stupid pressure or heat sensitive zoom pad going up the left side and since i have big hands, my pinky and ring finger tend to hit it every few mins or so, and this time it selected all my text and deleted it...

anyway, all my apps work but opera mini, i have a connection to blackberry, (even tho im not supposed to), all internet requiring apps work but this damn opera mini...am i missin sumthin??? is it possible to use blackberry as an APN??? i cannot buy a t-zones plan, as it is not an option for my account type (hint hint PP but shhhh), so what, am i S.O.L. and J.W.F. ($#!+ outta luck and jolly well F***ed lol---George Carlin)

Please Help!!!

Do consider what was said about per kb charges... else you might also be USCWAP [up a certain creek without a paddle ].

Others have enjoyed seemingly free service, only to be shocked when the bill came. Call T-Mo and ask them what charges has your account incurred up to now. If you have found a hole that games the system -- then, "pwned!" and more power to you!

PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't see how t-mobile would be able to bill me for a service that is free from blackberry, that's not using any of tmo services. All my data is transfered through blackberry's servers and only theirs...until I exit the browser and click the t-zones icon, its none of t-mobile's business lol...either way I could still could get free wap...many sites available that offer free wap...like wap.zaksenterprises.com which actualy works lol