Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, So I just got a BB Pearl 8100 on T-Mobile and wanted to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

royz86 no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile 8100 MMS problem

Advertisement

Hi all,

So I just got a BB Pearl 8100 on T-Mobile and wanted to send a MMS. After searching for the recipient in my contacts, it then says "No MMS Service Record, message cannot be sent. You will only be able to Save Draft [OK]", then I hit OK, then after compiled the MMS message, there is no sent button at all! All it has is just delete, save draft, etc. and no send button...

Is this the phone's setting problem?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: T-Mobile 8100 MMS problem

You need a data plan.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rameneater84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ED8315

See, Tmobile is a crook. They limit the blackberry to these things so they make you pay for the 20 dollar data plan. If it were any other phone they'd just charge you for the message. Thats how they get ya =/, altough payin the 20 really puts the phone to full use. I say its worth it if you can affford it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

^^ ditto
    the pearl needs a data plan!

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my sister can use her txts just fine without the data plan so I don't think that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by audreypearl
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my sister can use her txts just fine without the data plan so I don't think that's the problem.
    txts as in SMS?

PIN/ID
    ATA

royz - if you do not have the data plan, first call tmo to make sure you have the provisioning set. sometimes they get things all mixed up when you buy a new phone.

with a bb, normally you would need a data plan. i am thinking you may be missing the service books (that is what that error would lead me to believe). have tmo send you your service books from MMS.
    also make sure that you have mms on
    options>mms
    make sure that the top two say *always* (although i think these default to that)
    see if any of those things help...if not, then come back and let us know and we'll figure it out!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    royz - if you do not have the data plan, first call tmo to make sure you have the provisioning set. sometimes they get things all mixed up when you buy a new phone.

with a bb, normally you would need a data plan. i am thinking you may be missing the service books (that is what that error would lead me to believe). have tmo send you your service books from MMS.
    also make sure that you have mms
    options>mms
    make sure that the top two say *always* (although i think these default to that)
    see if any of those things help...if not, then come back and let us know and we'll figure it out!
    cherrichiodo, i spoke to T-mo CS at 611 and they said that I will need a data plan in order to use MMS. Yes, I did not have the MMS service book, as I got this phone off my cousin (as he is off to sprint for the $15 data thing) and I assume he did not get a data plan when he upgraded the phone.

do you think it is possible just to ask for the MMS service book settings but NOT getting into that $20 data plan?

Quote Originally Posted by rameneater84
    See, Tmobile is a crook. They limit the blackberry to these things so they make you pay for the 20 dollar data plan. If it were any other phone they'd just charge you for the message. Thats how they get ya =/, altough payin the 20 really puts the phone to full use. I say its worth it if you can affford it.
    The reason I didnt want to get the data plan is because it is still running on EDGE (while I have my Treo in Sprint with EVDO). Oh well thanks for the $20 plan info, thats how T-mo doing his business

PIN/ID
    ATA

yeah, unfortunately, like rameneater said, tmo will not allow you to use MMS without a data plan (i bet cingy is the same way)
    is the EVDO and EDGE that much different? LOL

with EDGE (which is claimed to be 150kbps) the speed is similar to dial up while with EVDO you would expect somewhere around 400-700kbps... so that makes a difference in web browsing

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rameneater84
    T-Mobile offers a free add on for the BB that will allow you accessto T-Zones as well as the MMS capabilities. After the FREE add-on you will be charged per message just how you would like it to be.
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

rttallie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204dbbbe

The last poster is also right, otherwise yes you need a data plan. I work for T mobile corporate, and without one or the other there is no way to send a MMS,otherwise known as picture message. Audrey, your sister would only be able to send a text message(sms) no t zones or data plan makes it impossible~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

so how does one get the free "add on" called t-zones ? i'm looking on the website now, but dont see it...

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

If you have unlimited messaging(I think you could have a different messaging plan) then you want to add the feature Blackberry Feature Enabler. That adds the MMS function to BB without the Data plan. It's better to call Customer Service about this, I don't think you will find it online as they need to send the service book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast