when t-mob going 2 be coming out with a new os. i heard something about ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ROBBIE37 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question t-mob

Advertisement

when t-mob going 2 be coming out with a new os. i heard something about video recording in this new os. Is this true.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Not sure on the Official OS release, maybe later this fall. Yes, video support.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You need to have v4.5 to have video recording on your device as well as a media card. The latest for your device is 4.5.0.52 which you can find by googling that release number. We are not allowed to post links for beta OS releases.

::edit:: It is not advised to download and/or install these beta releases unless you are confident in your abilities to do so and that you also understand that doing so will void your warranty.

ROBBIE37 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

thanx again robbie37

PARADOX-SEV no está en línea Stack level 1
    Video recording will not be supported on the 8100. I have been running 4.5.0.52 for a couple of weeks now.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Just beware, beta software has been know to cause issues w/devices, even "brick" the device. As RoGro stated, Experience is the key. Good luck on your decision. I chose to wait for Official...I don't want to fight w/having to get my device just right. Just an opinion.

PARADOX-SEV no está en línea Stack level 1
    Been doing betas for a long time. Other than the occasional wipe and reload no problems. I have never fried a sim card or bricked a phone. Yet!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX-SEV View Post
    Video recording will not be supported on the 8100. I have been running 4.5.0.52 for a couple of weeks now.
    Yes, this is correct. Video recording is only supported on Curve models at this time.

Thanks for the heads up, Paradox!