Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have tmo and gmail and havent any problems. I do know that Gmail made ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tmotechgrl no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: T-mo and G-mail push

Advertisement

I have tmo and gmail and havent any problems. I do know that Gmail made a change to something that changed the type of account it is. A tmo Pda rep can check the settings of the acct and see if it shows the type as pop or gmailpop. I tried to see if it shows it on the tmo site on mine but it doesnt so you will need to call to check.
    Also RIM updated the BIE to v 2.3 on June 1st, has the problem begun since then?

falconbrad no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    Mic, gmail is just one way notification. It doesn't do two way reconciliation like Yahoo does yet.
    I know for a fact that this is not true.

I use only my GMail account, and it has been working fine on my Pearl on T-Mobile, though I have been experiencing varying delays recently (10 minutes or so, nothing that makes me worry). If you're continuing to have issues, I would give them a call and see what they have to say. I can't hurt (unless you punch the wall in frustration with the tech's incompetence).

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by miclflores
    Is anyone having luck with their Gmail reconciling? If I read an message on my bb, it does not show as read in gmail and vice versa. It works great for yahoo, but for some reason will not with gmail. The only filter I have is the one so that I don't get everything I send back as double. Any help would be great. Hopefully I'm just missing something simple.

Can you go into specifics on how you did this filter?

I till keep gettingn my sent mail every time

Thanks

Ohand no problems with gmail for me.works like a charm.

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Tmo won't do much more then you have. Gmail is in beta, so they will not support it. They will on the other hand get you to rim to look into it. Plus, just tell them you have done those steps, they will not make you redo them. Good luck!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82

You should just use the GMAIL client.

When I set it up throught the device it took longer. Using their client it is instant.

falconbrad no está en línea Stack level 1

FYI, this may have something to do with it:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...-get-upgraded/

EDIT: I just checked T-Mobile's BIS site, and now there is a checkbox option to synchronize deleted messages between the phone and the your GMail account... Which is weird, because this functionality was definitely working before the upgrade... Either way, go check it out. That may solve at least one of your issues.
    Last edited by falconbrad; 06-05-2007 at 01:26 AM.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Quote Originally Posted by tmotechgrl
    I have tmo and gmail and havent any problems. I do know that Gmail made a change to something that changed the type of account it is. A tmo Pda rep can check the settings of the acct and see if it shows the type as pop or gmailpop. I tried to see if it shows it on the tmo site on mine but it doesnt so you will need to call to check.
    Also RIM updated the BIE to v 2.3 on June 1st, has the problem begun since then?
    Yes the last email I received was on June 1st, Friday night. And I'm on the phone again right now with a Tmo pda rep, so we'll see, he did find some things wrong on his end but nothing that fixed anything.

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Okay, its fixed! What a silly cause!

The Tmo-rep accidentally dropped himself from the call when calling a RIM rep, The IM rep directed me to this site on my PC.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc - The Blackberry Technical Solution Center

This did the trick. He had me search for
    KB04792 which is an article for exactly the problem I was having. There are 5 causes for not being able to receive but being able to send, POP Gmail. My solution was #3.

-----------
    Cause 3
    The number of email messages stored on the Gmail POP messaging server exceeds the number of email messages Gmail allows the BlackBerry Internet Service to access. As a result, new email messages cannot be forwarded to the BlackBerry device. By default, Gmail allows the BlackBerry Internet Service access to the first 400 items on the Gmail POP messaging server. As soon as the number of items on the POP messaging server exceeds 400, the BlackBerry Internet Service will no longer be able to access new email messages.

Fix:

Select the Disable POP option and click Save Changes.
    Select the Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on option and click Save Changes.
    --------------

I looked and my saved mail count over the last few years has just recently crossed the 400 mark.

So, if you are using Gmail on your BIS you ought to change this option or never go over 400 messages.

Hope this helps someone else too!
    Last edited by Kortanis; 06-05-2007 at 03:11 PM.

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

I would just DELETE your gmail and recreate it! I would also do the same for yahoo if you have it. Looks like Yahoo now has a branded icon for their mailbox via BIS. Maybe gmail will get one soon too! Also if you go into your gmail inbox......go to options....email settings..... their is now settings for mail reciepts! SWEET!

ap

PIN/ID
    24AA980E

That is one of the potential options however it would not have fixed my particular issue.
    Its fixed now though anyway!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12