Hi, I was wondering whether someone could help me please?? I'm not very good at ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kathrynthomas no está en línea Stack level 1

Syncronising Outlook Calender

Advertisement

Hi,

I was wondering whether someone could help me please?? I'm not very good at technical stuff but wanted a blackberry so that I could sync my outlook calender.

I'm not interested in the email side of things but just want to be able to sync my calender on my PC and blackberry. Got the phone today and although the wizard is very good, I came to a dead end! Am I right in thinking I need an Enterprise password from my employer/IT dept in order to do this? Or is this only required if you want to view/send emails?

Can someone please please tell me (in simple terms!!) what I need to do?

Thanks so much for any help.

Kat

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    First of all, welcome to the stacks! Hopefully, we can get you running here.

You won't be able to sync outlook e-mail to your device unless you are on a corporate blackberry server. I'm guessing you're not since you bought it yourself.

To sync to your calender, you'll need a couple things. First is to download the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager. I believe the latest is version 4.3. Once you install this on the computer you want to sync with (the one with Outlook), you'll have to restart the PC and then plug your phone in via USB.

At this point, you should be able to start up Desktop Manager and it will connect to your phone. From there, you setup options (I think there is a wizard or something for this) and things should go pretty smooth.

If you have any problems, let us know!

Good luck and again, welcome!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Thanks

Thanks a lot mjwood, I'm currently downloading desktop 4.3 and will let you know outcome.
    xx

Hi mjwood, me again! You are a star!! It's working!! woohoo!

I'm just trying to figure out whether I can set the screen to default to showing only a 'week' calander view. I'm very good at forgetting things and it would help enormously if my week diary was staring at me all the time.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Go to your calender and click the Menu button. Under Options, there is an "Initial View" selection. Just change that to week. That's how I have mine and love it!

Glad to hear it's working!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i stick to agenda view considering how many i have

regis.arnold no está en línea Stack level 1
    hello,

I have the 8120 with oulook xp on my company's laptop.
    I set up desktop manager 4.3
    I try to sync outlook with my bb for both my contacts and calendar.
    When I finish setting up everything just before I can do the sync the application shows me an running error message box saying that "the file can't be found in the application table" or something like that.
    I spent hours on it and I cannot find a solution.
    Please can someone help ?

Régis