I have been successful downloading my Oracle calendar from my computer to my BB 8130 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ridie no está en línea Stack level 1

Syncje and Oracle problems

Advertisement

I have been successful downloading my Oracle calendar from my computer to my BB 8130 through the nexthaus.com product Syncje. One major problem. When I sync my calendar an email is sent to everyone who was attending the same meetings as I was from my calendar. So, those who attended a lot of meetings with me received many emails. Somehow, a return receipt was attached as well, so every time someone opened an email from me, I received an email as well!

Has anyone had this problem and solved it? I'm afraid to try syncing again in case I send everyone more emails. Thanks for any help!

ridie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm responding to own post, because the problem was so esoteric no one had a solution. But it may come up again and I now have, at least, a temporary solution, not a perfect one. SyncJe has a real problem with the Pearl it has not yet solved. They say they are working on this, but their product costs $40 and I hope they are pushed to resolve it. It's a great product other than this problem.

I found this on Rice University's website. Make sure that you only remove email accounts associated with the CICAL service books they mention in the steps below.

"If the *skip saving attendees* (this should be checked in SyncJe's settings) does not prevent spamming the people in your calendar, you can remedy the situation by deleting the email service book from access by the calendar.

* There is another option to prevent sending emails to meeting attendees. If you remove the specific service books that are created on your Blackberry when SyncJe is installed, this will prevent emails from beings sent out from your calendar. Note that removing service books is a sensitive issue and we do not usually recommend this resolution, except as a last resort. Please note that removing these service books will disable the function of emails being sent through your calendar (only through the calendar, regular email will still work).

To remove the service book(s), on your Blackberry go to Options, then Advanced Options, then Service Book, find the CICAL service book (there may be more than one that you have to remove if you have more than one email address). Remove only the CICAL service books to stop sending emails to meeting attendees."

I hope this helps someone in the future! It worked great for me!