I'm trying to sync my Pearl, but I get an error message that asks me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

VIPatl no está en línea Stack level 1

Syncing Error

Advertisement

I'm trying to sync my Pearl, but I get an error message that asks me to check my sync logs. Only problem is, BB Desktop won't let me check the logs. What is going on with my phone?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Syncing Error

Hi VIPatl,

have you been able to sync b4 in the past? did you try to re-boot your computer and then try again? Can you give additional information?

thanks,

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Are you using outlook? what version of?

Yes I was able to sync in the past. I am using Outlook. I don't know what is going on.

Can anyone help?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You can't go to Sync then Configuration and click on the View Log in Desktop?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPatl
    I'm trying to sync my Pearl, but I get an error message that asks me to check my sync logs. Only problem is, BB Desktop won't let me check the logs. What is going on with my phone?
    I'm having the same problem. Could sync no problem on my laptop but now I'm trying on a desktop and I'm getting the same thing. I had installed the Telefonica OS on the desktop after I had installed the DM software from the carrier (TMO) - not sure if this would have anything to do with it. Probably not as the laptop had a similar set up. Also, after an uninstall and reinstall of DM, some of the error messages are in some foreign language I don't understand!

Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams
    I'm having the same problem. Could sync no problem on my laptop but now I'm trying on a desktop and I'm getting the same thing. I had installed the Telefonica OS on the desktop after I had installed the DM software from the carrier (TMO) - not sure if this would have anything to do with it. Probably not as the laptop had a similar set up. Also, after an uninstall and reinstall of DM, some of the error messages are in some foreign language I don't understand!
    Am wondering: I upgraded the OS from the laptop, and successfully sync'd on it too.... could this 'combination' be part of the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams
    Am wondering: I upgraded the OS from the laptop, and successfully sync'd on it too.... could this 'combination' be part of the answer?
    Update: in spite of reinstalling still no joy. All worked on the laptop though. Is this machine specific?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Gar,

Have you installed the OS on the Desktop PC yet? Give that a try and see what happens.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Gar,

Have you installed the OS on the Desktop PC yet? Give that a try and see what happens.

Rcbjr.
    Rcbjr

Yes - I've just installed the Telefonica OS on the desktop and reinstalled the (same) OS to the Pearl, so now is all (apparently) the same as the laptop set up.

Also, I still don't understand why that although most dialog boxes are in English, some, including the error messages, are in a foreign language (still haven't a clue which). The errors seem to be something to do with Intellisync rather than DM as Backup and Restore and App Loader all work OK. This persists even after uninstalling and reinstalling.

If all fails: is it possible to use 2 Pearls with DM on the same computer? There will be a second Pearl arriving shortly, so will need to find a solution to this!

many thanks
    Last edited by Gar-williams; 12-16-2006 at 05:16 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    If you can set separate user accounts on your PC, you shouldn't have any problem using one PC for both BBs.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Syncing Error: SUCCESS!

Cracked it at last!!

The problem was with having originally sync'd it with Outlook 2003 (on the laptop) and then trying to do it with Outlook XP on the (desktop). For some reason it didn't like it and Intellisync was going haywire.

So, if anyone is having the same issue (hopefully not after the numerous reinstalls and pestering Rcbjr!), wipe the Pearl (Options-Security-BB button - wipe Handheld) and sync from scratch on the new computer.

Don't know if this will be an issue the other way round, i.e. from Outlook XP to 2003 - probably not, but you never know.

Meantime: thanks Rcbjr for your interest and help with this one

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Your welcome, glad you figured it out.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

cartman13 no está en línea Stack level 2

I had an error after upgrading from outlook 2000 to 2003. all i needed to do was remap everything and it started to work again.