I just received this phone as a Christmas gift and I'm loving it. Well everything ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Syncing Application/Organizer for Desktop

I just received this phone as a Christmas gift and I'm loving it. Well everything except I can't sync at home because self proclaimed cutting edge RIM isn't so cutting edge with 64 bit drivers. Anyhow thats another issue

Just before xmas my company switched from Outlook to Thunderbird. I was wondering if there is another desktop solution to managing contacts, memos, appointments and emails and sync with the phone (besides Outlook and Notes)? Important thing is for it to be free/ware.

I used to have a Treo and its desktop software had this built in but so far I have yet to find something built into the RIM software. I'm hoping I just missed installing a RIM Organizer solution to my desktop and you can all flame me for not searching - which I tried but couldn't find anything

Last edited by bbriand; 01-09-2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: title change

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me

Re: Syncing Application

Bill, I don't have a lot of experience with this, however, here is a post to review.
    Congrats on your great Xmas gift!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Re: Syncing Application

bbriand, Yes, there is a problem with having a 64 bit OS on your PC. As to syncing with Thunderbird, that may be a problem. You can use desktop manager to sync with a character separated AscII text file and maybe use that to edit/update your Contacts.

Hope this helps
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro