Hi everybody, First of all let me thank you very much for all your help ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Luancuvi no está en línea Stack level 1

Synchronising with microsoft outlook

Advertisement

Hi everybody,

First of all let me thank you very much for all your help through your posts. They are priceless for a new BB user like me. I am from Spain and I have not found any forum in Spanish even a tenth as good as this is.

I bought a pearl recently because I am about to set up my own business, I had to change my old mobile and I decided to go for this professional, cool looking gadget thanks to a good offer from my provider.

I have not subscribed to BIS or BES or any other RIM e-mail management service, and will not do it until I have my business running, it might take some time yet as it is in a very early stage.

What I would like to do is synchronise the calendar, contacts, tasks, etc from my outlook with my new toy, but I really can’t figure out how after a few days of trying. Besides, my DM does not seem to be working properly as it gets stuck quite often. I have read in some reviews that it is a very easy a thing to do.

I am starting to wonder whether it is possible or not and becoming slightly disappointed. As you can imagine I am very new (and I would say useless) to this technology.

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll keep trying.
    Last edited by cp6169; 11-27-2006 at 05:17 PM.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Ola Luancuvi and welcome to PinStack.

Its straightforward to synch your Outlook entries with your device. This is not dependent on a data plan.

Firstly, if you have been having difficulties, you might consider deleting your current DS and loading it afresh. It should be V4.1

Once there, click on Synchronize -> Configuration tab->Configure Synch

For each of the four parts. i.e contacts, calendar, etc click choose-> MS Outlook and ensure there is a dot in the synchronize box, then click OK to each and OK overall.

Thats it!

Thanks a lot GiamburrascaI really thought it was straight away. I will try that again.The DM (v.4.2) seems to have conflicts with whatever software I have installed in my pc, as it does not respond.Thanks again, I will let you know.

I decided to re-install everything and start from scratch, I had done it before, but this time it worked, don't ask me, I don't know what's happened. Might be some problems with a USB-hub that I have it connected through, or installation failures.
    It is as I had read and you told me: quick and easy. I reckon it is time to format my laptop again.
    I'll keep on learning, and avidly reading all your posts.
    Thank you very much once again.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Luancuvi, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thank you very much for your warm welcome and your help guys.